Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tulamben or Amed to stay/dive? and Lembongan or somewhere better?

Hi,

I am returning to Bali. Last time I was there I dived Tulamben, (some place north/west of the island but the name slips my mind), Lembongan and Komodo. I was wondering if I should stay in Tulamben again or give Amed a try? Or perhaps stay in Tulamben and do a days diving in Amed? Is Amed as quiet as Tulamben or more busy?

After Tulamben we will go to Lembongan. Can anyone suggest a better place to dive than Lembongan which is quite accessable from Bali please?

Tulamben has a nice mixture of macro, reef sharks, turtles etc and Lembongan for the manta, which is exactly what we like.

Thanks

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Hi,

I am returning to Bali. Last time I was there I dived Tulamben, (some place north/west of the island but the name slips my mind), Lembongan and Komodo. I was wondering if I should stay in Tulamben again or give Amed a try? Or perhaps stay in Tulamben and do a days diving in Amed? Is Amed as quiet as Tulamben or more busy?

After Tulamben we will go to Lembongan. Can anyone suggest a better place to dive than Lembongan which is quite accessable from Bali please?

Tulamben has a nice mixture of macro, reef sharks, turtles etc and Lembongan for the manta, which is exactly what we like.

Thanks

Amed is just as quite as Tulamben. Probably more quite compare to Tulamben which can be very crowded as there are lots of busses from Kuta and Sanur. I remember when I stay there long time ago when taking dive course and then worked as a guide.

Amed has sharks and lots of macro.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sea_monkey View Post
    Amed is just as quite as Tulamben. Probably more quite compare to Tulamben which can be very crowded as there are lots of busses from Kuta and Sanur. I remember when I stay there long time ago when taking dive course and then worked as a guide.

Amed has sharks and lots of macro.
    Thanks. I remember seeing reef sharks late afternoon at Tulamben. Do you know which sites and which sharks you see in Amed? Can you recommend a dive centre in Amed please?

Thanks