Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a rant

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I definitely wouldn't just hope the fines go away. It should be easy enough to show, with the V5, that the fine has been issued to the wrong vehicle.

That same evidence should be sufficient to prove it to the French authorities even before you go down the route of proving you weren't in France at the time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I imagine you have already done this:-

"
    Cloned Number Plates - Contact the Right People

Who are the right people?

Number plates are registered with the DVLA. Get in touch with them immediately and have it recorded that your number plates have been cloned.

Second, you should inform the Police as soon as possible. It is their job to track down the criminals who are responsible. Informing the DVLA and the police will all add to your evidence that you are not the guilty party.

When you inform the police make sure you get a crime number.
    "

I'm also sure that you will have asked the internet what to do about the problem (quite a few police sites offer advice) so all I can do is wish you well.

Oh, do you have a tracking device in your car? Can you use something on your mobile to confirm where you are/have been?

Good luck & lets hope that the stabbards have an immediate accident.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks All.

Had not thought about telling DVLA and police did not suggest it. So contacted them and they were very helpful so copies of all the documents acquired so far are being sent to them. The very nice person I spoke to also said they would be able to help with the French speeding tickets. I have also found out that the french will supply copies of the speed camera photos if one sends a stamped addressed envelope (need to get some French stamps) unlike the Met police who cite data protection and will not give me the photos.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    ... I have also found out that the french will supply copies of the speed camera photos if one sends a stamped addressed envelope (need to get some French stamps) ...
    I was going to say use an International Reply Coupon but apparently the Post Office stopped selling them in 2011.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You can buy french stamps on-line here
    https://www.laposte.fr/mon-timbre-en-ligne/tarifs#5

Thanks All.

Had not thought about telling DVLA and police did not suggest it. So contacted them and they were very helpful so copies of all the documents acquired so far are being sent to them. The very nice person I spoke to also said they would be able to help with the French speeding tickets. I have also found out that the french will supply copies of the speed camera photos if one sends a stamped addressed envelope (need to get some French stamps) unlike the Met police who cite data protection and will not give me the photos.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well time to resurrect this thread. This morning I received a very official looking and cleverly worded letter from a Bailiff Company. Who are working on behalf of the parking company who issued the original parking ticket and have refused to acknowledge all correspondence. In very small words at the bottom of the back page is "This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action"

Just trying to decide whether to hand it to a solicitor and sue for the costs or let them try to take me to court and sue for the costs.

ETA This is the company featured in Can't pay we'll take it away. TV trash
    Last edited by cazyoung; 20-03-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Send them an invoice?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well time to resurrect this thread. This morning I received a very official looking and cleverly worded letter from a Bailiff Company. Who are working on behalf of the parking company who issued the original parking ticket and have refused to acknowledge all correspondence. In very small words at the bottom of the back page is "This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action"

Just trying to decide whether to hand it to a solicitor and sue for the costs or let them try to take me to court and sue for the costs.

ETA This is the company featured in Can't pay we'll take it away. TV trash
    Is it possible for you to resend everything again by a ‘signed for’ service so that they have to acknowledge receipt?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Is it possible for you to resend everything again by a ‘signed for’ service so that they have to acknowledge receipt?
    We submitted a formal complaint to the local Police Professional Standards by signed for service. I also took another copy into the Police Station where they were based and got a receipt signed by the desk officer. Professional Standards denied ever having received it even when I provided both receipts. Said I must have addressed it wrongly. Don't assume just because you have evidence that it was delivered that they will accept that.

Dealing with parking issues can be a real PITA. We had an issue in Copenhagen last September when we got a parking ticket for parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid permit. We had paid the parking fee, it was simply the bay that was the issue. When I checked on the website to challenge the 'offence', my wife's Blue Badge is clearly visible in the photograph 'supporting' the offence. This is supposed to be a standard EU permit. I submitted the challenge, got an acknowledgement that it had been received but heard nothing else. Then my credit card was hit with a 104 charge via the car rental company. I tried to challenge this but was told by both the car hire firm and the parking authority that no correspondence would be entered into.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    We submitted a formal complaint to the local Police Professional Standards by signed for service. I also took another copy into the Police Station where they were based and got a receipt signed by the desk officer. Professional Standards denied ever having received it even when I provided both receipts. Said I must have addressed it wrongly. Don't assume just because you have evidence that it was delivered that they will accept that.

Dealing with parking issues can be a real PITA. We had an issue in Copenhagen last September when we got a parking ticket for parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid permit. We had paid the parking fee, it was simply the bay that was the issue. When I checked on the website to challenge the 'offence', my wife's Blue Badge is clearly visible in the photograph 'supporting' the offence. This is supposed to be a standard EU permit. I submitted the challenge, got an acknowledgement that it had been received but heard nothing else. Then my credit card was hit with a 104 charge via the car rental company. I tried to challenge this but was told by both the car hire firm and the parking authority that no correspondence would be entered into.
    Surely it would be acceptable if the case went to court?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast