Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wetsuit storage - zip open or closed?

When folding and laying down a wetsuit in storage do you keep the zip open or closed?

Thanks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Probably doesn't matter. I keep mine zipped up but then again I hang mine up (This isn't very good for them, it stretches the shoulders).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    don't fold it, the neoprene will crease. lay it flat or hang it on a hanger. I leave the zip halfway so if it sticks I can get at the puller more easily.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most wetsuits have plastic zips so open/closed is not much of an issue, but it's more likely to keep it's
    shape in storage if zip is closed and it's rolled up with the zip on the outside of the roll.

If it's a snazzy one with a metal rear zip then roll from the front with the zip open same as a drysuit.
    This again puts the zip on the outside. Idea is to avoid any folds on the zip.

If fully wet though just drape over a round bar etc. till damp and then hang up until fully dry.
    Any damage to suits tends to be when it's wet and heavy.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    don't fold it, the neoprene will crease. lay it flat or hang it on a hanger. I leave the zip halfway so if it sticks I can get at the puller more easily.
    Mike when I mean fold, I do not mean roll up, I meant folded as in the way, manufacturers fold the wetsuit when they send them out in the boxes.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    Most wetsuits have plastic zips so open/closed is not much of an issue, but it's more likely to keep it's
    shape in storage if zip is closed and it's rolled up with the zip on the outside of the roll.

If it's a snazzy one with a metal rear zip then roll from the front with the zip open same as a drysuit.
    This again puts the zip on the outside. Idea is to avoid any folds on the zip.

Thanks Tel, I actually watched the Henderson wetsuit manufacturers video and when they send the wetsuits out, they have the zip closed before boxing the suit.

If fully wet though just drape over a round bar etc. till damp and then hang up until fully dry.
    Any damage to suits tends to be when it's wet and heavy.