Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stovetop-Es...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I have ordered one of these. Gone cheap to see if I get on with it. Can always buy a better one in future.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post

I have ordered one of these. Gone cheap to see if I get on with it. Can always buy a better one in future.
    I like that. An attractive alternative to the usual "waisted" shape.

edit:Just checked our espresso cups and they're 100ml, where the description above says 50ml. ?? Whatever. We don't use the espresso cups much though, mainly using the pot to make our "normal brew which is a large coffee cup of coffee, about 2/3 full of coffee & topped up with hot frothed up milk.
    Last edited by Noggin the Nog; 25-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    I like that. An attractive alternative to the usual "waisted" shape.

edit:Just checked our espresso cups and they're 100ml, where the description above says 50ml. ?? Whatever. We don't use the espresso cups much though, mainly using the pot to make our "normal brew which is a large coffee cup of coffee, about 2/3 full of coffee & topped up with hot frothed up milk.
    Mine will be served in proper sized cups with hot milk. I don't have a frother. All I need to do now is experiment with different coffee brands/types. I doubt my usual cafetiere ones will have the right flavour.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mine will be served in proper sized cups with hot milk. I don't have a frother. All I need to do now is experiment with different coffee brands/types. I doubt my usual cafetiere ones will have the right flavour.
    We have a cheapo battery operated whisk thingy to froth the hot milk. Works a lot better than the one that looks like a percolator (and takes up too much room).
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's a good idea. I see Ikea have them for a quid. My campervan is really going up market!
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wonder why Baldrick springs to mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The surprising thing about this thread is no one has mentioned stainless steel, while the aluminium ones are made of food grade ali stainless is easier to clean.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The surprising thing about this thread is no one has mentioned stainless steel, while the aluminium ones are made of food grade ali stainless is easier to clean.
    Err................
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Err................
    I see you have taken my advice . . . . . . . . . OK I admit it I didn't click on your link

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been using this now for a couple of weeks and get on with it really well. It is not the best made product, thin metal, the lid is slightly askew and I had to put in a longer screw to hold the knob on. But for less than a tenner including postage I won't complain.
    I find I am using this more than my Dulce Gusto machine so I will probably buy a better quality one for the kitchen and leave this one in the campervan all the time.
    Paul.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast