Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The forgotten O ring

I have a slight weep from my BCD filler at the quick release, it stops when the release is dis connected. So I think it is not on the BCD or in the Schrader, and is I believe up inside the quick release and is a seal that is meant to form when the connection is made.
    How would I describe it to a service tech?
    Anyone remember a video about "the forgotten o ring" or some such that showed its location and how to reach it?

Thanks

Rgds

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Look inside the direct feed fitting at the end of the LP hose, there's a small o ring inside which sits in a recess, that could be the cause. They get worn as you connect and disconnect the hose onto the BC inflator. Fairly straightforward to replace, if I remember correctly they're the same size as the LP ones that you will find in a first stage.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I’ve got exactly that issue currently. I tried removing degreasing and reinstalling the print and it didn’t help. I couldn’t replace as in the kit I have I don’t have that size oring. I’m just living with it currently till I need a new hose.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you have an ultrasonic cleaner (a cheap one works fine!) then putting the hose end in the ultrasonic bath (ideally with the o-ring removed!) can also help.

Solved it for me, where mine had also been bubbling for some time. Must have had a little salt or grit inside the end of the hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk