Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another "recommend me a torch" thread

I really noticed yesterday on a wreck how rubbish my torch really is. My buddies was far better width and brightness and really penetrated deep into nooks and crannies in the wrecks. I may as well just have not bothered with mine.So I think I'm going to ask family to club together to get me a new one for xmas........ It can't be super expensive, but 100-150 would be fine.Has anyone got any suggestions?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use an TecLine LED US-15 as my backup but I have used it as my main in the uk before.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got a Light For Me XML as a backup, but at 1200 lumens, it's as bright as my main 4Tec umbilical. It's supposed to last 2 hours on 3 C cells, although you could go for the "Mini" version and use a rechargeable.

At 66, you could get a pair for your budget.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Plenty on Amazon. The cheap Chinese torches used to be poor quality but they now seem to work well. If you buy direct from Amazon, you will get a refund if there are any problems.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Paulo recommend a 40 one a couple of years ago. I have one it's super bright and I have not seen anything in your budget that I would rather have. I am sure he will post a link soon.

Graham

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have three of these. Cheap as chips. I have recommended them to 10+ people and no one has ever come back to me with a complaint but many like Graham above have said how good they are.

They work off of 3 x C cell batteries

€ 35,89 22%OFF | BORUiT Professional XM-L2 LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Underwater 150m Torch Light IP68 Waterproof Portable Camping Hunting Lamp
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dBcJruEM
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I have three of these. Cheap as chips. I have recommended them to 10+ people and no one has ever come back to me with a complaint but many like Graham above have said how good they are.

Mine also came with an adaptor so that I can use three AA batteries. I have a Tectite and a light for me but I use the one above. Its combination of brightness and beam angle means it is better than its more expensive friends.

Graham.
    € 35,89 22%OFF | BORUiT Professional XM-L2 LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Underwater 150m Torch Light IP68 Waterproof Portable Camping Hunting Lamp

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Awesome, thank you everyone. I'll check out some of these before I jump in at the expensive end

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post

35,89 22%OFF | BORUiT Professional XM-L2 LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Underwater 150m Torch Light IP68 Waterproof Portable Camping Hunting Lamp
    Are they really in the region of 2000 lumens, seems very good for the price?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Wouldnt think they are 2000 lumens but the quality of light they emit is very good.

Not used my umbilical in 3 years as a resulr. Tied more expensive lights, these still beat them.

The old Dive Life used to sell them for 156... I wonder why they closed!!
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast