Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: RIP Ron Young

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RIP Ron Young

I see in the latest diving mags that Ron Young has died. Ron was quite active on the other place though I don't think he transferred over to here.

His guide to the Farnes is the best one that I have found and I use it regularly.

I had the pleasure of spending quite a number of evenings in the company of Ron and his wife Rose when I was up visiting my family in the NE. He was a fountain of knowledge about diving around the Farnes and has some very entertaining tales to tell.

After he had to give up diving for medical reasons, he involved himself in research and writing books for divers.

A sad loss.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sad that another of the old brigade of divers has passed on. Didn't really know him very well bur sure i have been in his company along with Mr Ridley and others at some of the conferences and events that I used to attend. Strange that no one else has responded to this news but I'm afraid that we are all becoming the forgotton generation. This forum as well, hardly worth a look but I suppose it all happens on twitter and facebook now.

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thistlediver View Post
    . Strange that no one else has responded to this news but I'm afraid that we are all becoming the forgotton generation. This forum as well, hardly worth a look but I suppose it all happens on twitter and facebook now.
    Forgotten generation? Methinks not. Visit https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...cussion-Thread and view the memories we are building up here. Never too old IMHO