X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divemouse
    Pedantic Pig
    • Dec 2012

Video of the Rosalie off Norfolk

There's been lots of talk this year about the Rosalie being clearer than usual... I think I've seen all areas clear before at some point but probably not all...

Here's a one shot tour of the Rosalie wreck where we see a lot of interesting wildlife - so I put it here rather than in some other section.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life
  • Chrisch
    Tofu eating wokerato
    • Jan 2013

Nice. Good vis - there were no pout though? I would have expected pout and not the pollack. Years and years and years ago when I fished that coast you got a small run of pollack (or possibly coalfish) in high summer but always very small throw-back fish, maybe 4-5cm. Lots of pout though.

Great to see a bit of the UK I haven't dived. Thanks to you both.
    There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
    With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

It is packed with Bib (pout) and poor cod, but they tend to hang round under the superstructure and I think this was a high up circuit. The pollack are new for this year and unfortunately being targeted by spear 'fishermen' - the little shoal is down from 15 to 5 now. There's also a big shoal of red mullet which is also shrinking.

Comment

• Chrisch
        Tofu eating wokerato
        • Jan 2013

Sadly there is a determination by all and sundry to kill everything that swims. Red mullet are lovely to see and to eat. I was surprised how many of them there were when we dived from Shoreham. You think of them as a Mediterranean fish. There is a clay reef just offshore and it is a fantastic dive for wildlife. Lots of crab but also lots of sea stars and small fish, wrasse and the like.
        There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.

Comment

• Divemouse
          Pedantic Pig
          • Dec 2012

Just for Chrisch...

Just over a minute of relaxing little Bib (Trisopterus luscus) shoaling just behind the boilers of the Rosalie. Luckily for these young fish they taste foul...

Comment

• Chrisch
            Tofu eating wokerato
            • Jan 2013

Aw. That's nice. Thank you. Baby bait snatchers.

Comment

Working...