Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pretty sure the North Sea medical centre at Gorleston doesn't exist any more, though the hyperbaric chamber is still at James Pagett. https://www.lhmhealthcare.com/about-...outh-facility/
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ——-
    Last edited by eleri3; 11-08-2019 at 10:16 PM.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thankyou for the reply. I contacted a dive medic via email and she told me as long as I can equalise fine and I can hear, that there are no issues. I still plan to be very cautious and do not plan to dive until the second week, and I will descend much slower, equalising more often. I knew I did not have an ear infection as I have many before and know what they feel like - this was different. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by eleri3 View Post
    Thankyou for the reply. I contacted a dive medic via email and she told me as long as I can equalise fine and I can hear, that there are no issues. I still plan to be very cautious and do not plan to dive until the second week, and I will descend much slower, equalising more often. I knew I did not have an ear infection as I have many before and know what they feel like - this was different. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
    Take a copy of the email with you.
    Chances are you will need to sign a self-cert medical declaration and one of the questions you'll need to
    answer yes to will mean having to see a local doc. Show them the email and all will be good
    Last edited by Tel; 11-08-2019 at 11:24 PM.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks, I didn’t think of showing them the email but that’s a good idea. I will take it with me later

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by eleri3 View Post
    Thanks, I didn’t think of showing them the email but that’s a good idea. I will take it with me later
    Make sure you take all the doctor's sign offs with you on holiday too and make copies for yourself too.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks, will do

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know if you've gone yet but I have problems equialising. I find doing some gentle ear equalising on land in the lead up to the days I'm diving helps. Also someone on here put me onto sinus rinsing 3 dives ago, and its helped, so may be worth considering?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12