• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidity
    Same Planet - Different World
    • Jul 2015

Twinning Band and manifold issues

Evening.

I picked up some flat bottomed steel cylinders (don't think they are euros) last weekend with new apeks modular valves with the intention of twinning them up.

However they seem to be a smidge bigger than standard 12 litre tins which have a diameter of 171mm. Mine are about 178mm.

I bought some V4tec twinning bands for 12ltrs and whilst the bands fit okay, the peice of metal between the cylinders that takes the bolt is tiny. When the cylinders are in, there is no room for the bolt to go between them.

I can get them through, but they cut into the paintwork for sure.

I've looked at the custom diver bands, and in the picture on the website at least, they seem to have a much wider centre between the hoops, so I'm thinking of getting some of these.

My only question is then, when I buy the manifold, do I but the one for 12s? How much centre to centre adjustment is available on the Apeks manifold?

Any help appreciated 👍

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
  • Tel
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Mark the thread where it touches and file off the pitch of the thread to create a slot where it's at risk of grounding, then do the same on the exact opposite side.
    if lucky you might have enough reduction to miss the cylinder, just have to remember to line up the flats when assembling.

Comment

• Liquidity
      Same Planet - Different World
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Tel
      Mark the thread where it touches and file off the pitch of the thread to create a slot where it's at risk of grounding, then do the same on the exact opposite side.
      if lucky you might have enough reduction to miss the cylinder, just have to remember to line up the flats when assembling.
      I tried that Tel. Took all the threads off with my Dremmel and a few grinding wheels but still dead tight between the cylinders 😭

Don't want to thin the bolt further than the threading as that will start to affect its strength.

Just don't think these ones are gonna work.

Comment

• Tel
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Liquidity
        I tried that Tel. Took all the threads off with my Dremmel and a few grinding wheels but still dead tight between the cylinders ��

Don't want to thin the bolt further than the threading as that will start to affect its strength.

Just don't think these ones are gonna work.

Yeah removing the pitch is ok, but not the stem.

Comment

Working...