Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dive Boat, Rhyl, North Wales

Dive the numerous wrecks of Liverpool Bay from the safety of a stable diving platform. Side entry/exit door on deck making easy exit to the water and recovery via ladder. Toilet, hot refreshments, Safety O2 onboard. Diving charters are open to Dive Clubs only. Unfortunately, Individual divers are not catered for. All diving is to be supervised by the club's own qualified Instructors/Supervisors. Skipper is a SAA Dive Supervisor/BSAC Advanced Diver/SAA Diver Coxswain.
    MCA Cat 2 Coded. Single tank 5 hour trips available. www.gms.wales

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Individual divers don't need catering for, that's the point of diving alone.

They're also happy to take a last minute space. Being solo friendly is a good thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he’s chartered the boat out on a day rate he doesn’t care if there are spaces, he’s getting paid either way.

I can see that selling off individual spaces is more of a faff than a whole boat charter but there are loads of us that are not part of a club so these are not ideal for us

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are some very rarely dived wrecks out in Liverpool bay which I've been keen to dive for a while.

Shame about it being full club charters only.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It seems to me that the OP is trying to put the duty of care onto the clubs rather than himself.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Presumably a collection of individuals could book as a club if one of them is willing to front the charter fee.
    As we're North West based I'm going to mention this to my club and see if we can get a booking; should we do so and have spaces I'll advertise them.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd love to get back on some wrecks in LB if you get any spaces Alistair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    It seems to me that the OP is trying to put the duty of care onto the clubs rather than himself.
    Quite the opposite. Unfortunately, there are some divers who do not belong to a club and consider themselves to be far more proficient than they actually are. They may have the qualifications but a mixture of skill fade and lack of recent diving practice can and does lead to an incident whereby the dive has to be aborted for all.
    Limiting the dive to a diving club/group ensures that the Club Supervisor/Instructor knows the limitations of the divers taking part, can buddy them up accordingly and hopefully, allow a successful and interesting dive for all.

I provide the diving platform which gives clubs without access to a large RIB the chance to dive together. I do not provide cylinders, air or equipment. I do however, have a duty of care to safely carry out the service I provide.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I operate my boat from a pontoon in Rhyl Harbour, North Wales which is tidal. In effect this means to/from Rhyl at +/- 2.5 hours either side of HW. Most dives are a single dive over HW slack which entails a 5 hour charter. The charter cost is 300 which between 8 divers is 37.50 or between 6, 50.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Quite the opposite. Unfortunately, there are some divers who do not belong to a club and consider themselves to be far more proficient than they actually are. They may have the qualifications but a mixture of skill fade and lack of recent diving practice can and does lead to an incident whereby the dive has to be aborted for all.
    Limiting the dive to a diving club/group ensures that the Club Supervisor/Instructor knows the limitations of the divers taking part, can buddy them up accordingly and hopefully, allow a successful and interesting dive for all.

I provide the diving platform which gives clubs without access to a large RIB the chance to dive together. I do not provide cylinders, air or equipment. I do however, have a duty of care to safely carry out the service I provide.
    Thank you for making your position clear. I am sorry if I seemed over critical.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast