X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonG
    Established TDF Member
    • Apr 2017

360 Mirror

Bought one of these last week and just tested it and was impressed, dead easy to bubble check on your own, spot issues with kit config etc.

I now know that my d rings need sorting out cos bo bottles were swinging like an old cows udders in the breeze today.
  • jb2cool
    Sorry for being a dick
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JonG
    I now know that my d rings need sorting out cos bo bottles were swinging like an old cows udders in the breeze today.
    Doesn’t sound like you needed the mirror to tell you that

Comment

• jacko
      TDF Member
      • Apr 2013

So a 360 mirror allows you to look in a mirror and see in front of you? Is there. A need for that? Can’t you just look in front of you and then use a normal mirror to look behind you?

Comment

• Wibs
        Established TDF Member
        • Aug 2015

Got a link to the mirror? Can it be attached to your compass bungee?

Comment

• JonG
          Established TDF Member
          • Apr 2017

The 360 observe Mirror is a small convex mirror that is worn around the wrist or hand and allows the diver to easily maintain eye contact with other divers, their kit and the environment around them. This little mirror has many uses such as keeping an eye on a group of students, bubble checking your own valves or rebre

Comment

• Wibs
            Established TDF Member
            • Aug 2015

Interesting that the photo shows it in the same place a Goodman handle will be.

Is the band long enough to go on ones wrist?

Comment

• jb2cool
              Sorry for being a dick
              • Dec 2012

Just wear it on the other hand instead.

But yes, from the post:
              The surround is attached to an elastic webbing strap which can be adjusted to fit on a gloved hand, around a wrist or clipped on to a BCD.

Comment

• JonG
                Established TDF Member
                • Apr 2017

I tried it on my torch, back of right hand and settled with it on wrist in front of Kubi rings.

Comment

• Nickpicks
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

I think I just happened upon the forum post that inspired the 360 mirror:

Originally posted by Woz
                  If I saw a bootless pair of 12s hovering above a platform in a quarry with GARF down the sides, I'd plummet like a brick too and hopefully grind my crotch into his mask.

Well if I didn't before I will now

Be very afraid and I suggest some sort of glove mounted mirror to check what's about to billy-fcuk you in the face...
                  So, today I had a good couple of dives with Laura (Seastar) in NDAC. The idea being that I needed to get some skills sorted before a Tech 2 requal and Laura has been out the water for a long time so needed to get back to doing buoyancy, shutdowns and ascending. First dive started with 30mins around 30m and then we headed back
                  Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Comment

• witchieblackcat
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wibs
                    Is the band long enough to go on ones wrist?
                    Yes

Comment

• Chrisch
                      Tofu eating wokerato
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Nickpicks
                      I think I just happened upon the forum post that inspired the 360 mirror:
                      https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...ll=1#post70453
                      Where is Woz? Now he is no longer head honcho beeserker it's safe to come back and be rude to people.
                      There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
                      With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• gpj
                        Octopus Ink Team
                        • Dec 2012

They appear to be a good idea for solo divers but I've seen a couple of these mirrors which have started to delaminate, if you're diving as a buddy pair or team they are not needed IMHO.
                        Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Comment

• Wibs
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Aug 2015

Anyone know of any other 'versions' of this which might be more bungee friendly? Thinking it would be nicer on the computer or compass bungee.

Hopefully it's a bit convex as looking at a reflection in the watch or computer is too flat to be able to see the surface -- can use them to see bubbles; bit of a faff, but possible.

Comment

Working...