X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulo
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by notdeadyet
    Someone I know has one and it doesn't encourage me to spunk a couple of grand on one.

To be honest, you don't really see many bad reviews of any drysuit. Every single person I know who bought a Seaskin regretted it within a couple of months yet they were raved about on here/YD. DUI went through a horrendous spell for quality and customer service in the UK a few years ago but nobody had a bad thing to say about them (I love my DUI suit).

When you've spunked a load of money on something no-one wants to admit they might have made a mistake. It's like rebreathers, everybody owns the best unit in the world and people still buy rEvos and Poseidons and Hollises and tell you how great they are.
    Say what you like about those suits or units, but I can guarantee you one thing, they are no JJ!
    If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• notdeadyet
      Nicotine, valium, vicodin...
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Paulo
      Say what you like about those suits or units, but I can guarantee you one thing, they are no JJ!
      You can't argue with that.

But I'm sure you'll find a way
      Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Comment

• bottle maker
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Still hoping to get my mate that has had one for a few years to right a review. The 3 people I knew have no complaints. They are a shit load of money but compared to other people in the branch they are cheap considering they have paid more than half the price for pieces of junk that leak or don't fit.

Comment

• Ian@1904
          Team Starburst
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by notdeadyet
          Someone I know has one and it doesn't encourage me to spunk a couple of grand on one.

To be honest, you don't really see many bad reviews of any drysuit. Every single person I know who bought a Seaskin regretted it within a couple of months yet they were raved about on here/YD. DUI went through a horrendous spell for quality and customer service in the UK a few years ago but nobody had a bad thing to say about them (I love my DUI suit).

When you've spunked a load of money on something no-one wants to admit they might have made a mistake. It's like rebreathers, everybody owns the best unit in the world and people still buy rEvos and Poseidons and Hollises and tell you how great they are.
          My first Seaskin suit (2008 ish) was great for about three years, then required frequent repairs. My Second Seaskin (2013) suit fell apart quite literally after two dives, was sent back, repaired not to my expectations and I had my money back. My eight year old Typhoon suit is tired in the crotch area.

Comment

• jturner
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Paulo
            Don't see any bad reviews of Santi suits either and they seem to spend more time on the way to and from Poland for repairs than in the water
            It's pretty rare for suits to have to go back to Poland to be honest. DMS do most repairs in house now.

As an aside, one thing I have noticed though is that the make of the suit doesn't seem to have as much to do with repairs as you might think. I know of people who destroy suits in minutes (and have seen the aftermath for various manufacturer's offerings including some regularly praised here for longevity) whilst other people seem to be able to make any suit last for ages despite doing lots of dives on them. Some are a shitbag to repair; others easy. I suppose the bottom line is that there's no perfect manufacturer or suit, and if you don't intend to look after it properly, you might as well forget any of them lasting.
            The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

Working...