Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by colinicky View Post
    I have one of the very early test models which was before they decided to go telescopic. Having dived for the last 10 years in an Ri2/100 I must admit that I like the new material & the front entry. Very flexible & allows me a lot more range of movement of the arms etc. I had the Sitech QCP drygloves on my old suit & only had a couple of wet dives with them due to age related perishing of the o rings . Yet to be convinced about Kubis but I know a lot of people love them .
    Mine fits me perfectly with thick undersuit & heating system but is baggy for summer diving with a thin undersuit. I used mine in Scapa beginning of the season & was just as warm as my old suit .
    Funnily enough Jacob is over in Donegal diving his at present which he also used on the Brittanic trip . His is the telescopic version.
    Great feedback thanks.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just to add that the front zip on mine goes from right shoulder to left hip which I know is different to some other makes .
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have one, done one dive so far, it's flexible, dry(not the fastest drying) but as said not the best fit....at the moment it's hunt the chest inflator...I LL give it another go before I moan to o3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by windymiller View Post
    I have one, done one dive so far, it's flexible, dry(not the fastest drying) but as said not the best fit....at the moment it's hunt the chest inflator...I LL give it another go before I moan to o3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Much obliged.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Also interested in this suit, any more feedback from current owners would be much appreciated. Particularly interested in the cut/fit.

I'm trying to decide between the Otter Atlantic (Lite material) Santi Elite+ or this suit. I have a 5 year old Ri2-100 and been very happy with it, however wonder if being an early adopter of their first trilam front loader is something I'll regret.

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Same (OíThree or Otter).

I know one person who didnít rate it, but that wasnít to do with the suit per se, he didnít like the switch from neo to trilam & will stick with his 2-100. Matt Jevon however rates his as the best trilam heís ever dived.

I had a good chat with Josh both before and at the show. I do like the suit, but I think itíll all be down to pricing. The cost is due to increase in January, and currently the Otter is slightly cheaper.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What about the O3 trilam is supposed to be so much better/different from the myriad other (quality) trilam suits out there: Otter, Predator, Hammond, Santi; all of which will be excellent quality and fit for purpose?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I saw it at the Show. It looked very nice. User repalcable wrist & neck seals. Plastic front entry zip. Different material to any other I have seen, a trilam but with some stretch.

Very good suit but a pricetag to match. Not much change out of €2000
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ok so I came from 10 years of an Ri2-100 . The trilam has actually been out there for well over a year in various development versions . I got mine a year ago & it was not telescopic but within a couple of weeks they had changed it to telescopic.
    Mine is obviously baggy because of not being telescopic. I like it enough that I am due at Othree tomorrow morning to buy a brand new production version .
    I was initially against the Sitech neck system & against the Kubi glove system ( my old Ri had Standard neoprene neck seal & Sitech QCP gloves )
    I am a convert to the neck system to the point of having one fitted to my old Ri . The only observation is that there is only one size so if you have a really big head or nose you might struggle .
    The Kubi is another matter , I am on my second set of the red O rings in a year . Both sets are perished. I haven’t done anything different to the way I looked after my Sitech & the O rings lasted 8 years before perishing , I think it must be a different rubber compound .
    The suit initially looks very susceptible to damage but is surprisingly tough . As far as I was aware the current price is £1695 including the neck system & Kubi .
    For those of you who fancy the suit but love the Othree neoprene neck seal then you can use the neo seal with the Sitech neck system .
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My Predator cost about that including Kubis, Scitec neck and P valve. Dennis’s customer service has been great too.

What differentiates the OThree from the other quality brands?

Kubi O rings... think you’ve been unlucky.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast