Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Price goes up to £2k in January.

TPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Will probably go for the Otter then.

Do Otter reply to email or generally best to ring them up? Never had reliable communication on email with them every time I've enquired about their suits, wondering if this is the norm?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not saying anything differentiates . Comes down to personal preference .
    You mention others
    Otter :- heard reports of long waits for repairs but also heard reports of excellent service .
    Predator heard yourself & others praise Dennis but again others saying how bad it is
    Hammonds I have used Chris for repairs for years & never had a problem but I my best friend that I told to use Chris hasnít a good word to say & having seen the items in question I would have to agree with his complaints
    Santi , well from some reports you either get a good suit or a teabag .
    Othree personally I cannot fault their suits or customer service but I have heard others complain .
    Mind you I had a ND Cortex as my first suit & could never fault it other than the zip failing which they replaced free of charge

With any product in the world you only hear the person who shouts the loudest which is normally the one complaining

Sometimes it comes down to the way a suit is cut as to wether you like it or not .
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Same Planet - Different World Liquidity's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cathal View Post
    Just wondering does anyone have any end user experience with the new OThree Trilaminate suit?

Much obliged

Cathal
    Was chatting and having a fondle at the dive show as I've got a couple of trainees looking at buying new. Look and feel nice though the sales rep said he wouldn't recommend them for UK diving. He said they are designed as more of a travel suit being lightweight, but also more delicate and not up to the rough and tumble of UK diving long term.

He then started selling us the neoprene suits. Both my guys want trilam so we walked away empty handed.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    though the sales rep said he wouldn't recommend them for UK diving. He said they are designed as more of a travel suit being lightweight, but also more delicate and not up to the rough and tumble of UK diving long term.
    Thanks for the feedback. Well thatís a serious put down of their own product. I thought this suit was being marketed as a lightweight replacement for the R2/100.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The good news is there’s a lot of choice for quality £1600 for trilam drysuits with all the trimmings. Not all are lightweight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    ... though the sales rep said he wouldn't recommend them for UK diving. He said they are designed as more of a travel suit being lightweight, but also more delicate and not up to the rough and tumble of UK diving long term.

He then started selling us the neoprene suits.

I guess they've been "selling against" membrane suits for so many years, having only a neoprene product, that it takes some time to adjust!

I've not seen one of these suits yet, I moved from a Bare neoprene to a Hammond membrane a couple of years ago having gone to the show to look at the options. O'three make good suits but I'm not sure I would be willing to pay that price for a product which is still very new to the market - despite the testing we've been hearing about them doing over the last year or two - it can take a while to refine these things, even with their good reputation on neoprene suits.

One to watch for next time around, I think!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. Well that’s a serious put down of their own product. I thought this suit was being marketed as a lightweight replacement for the R2/100.
    Lightweight for travel I guess. If you want to go and demo your b-boy skillz on the rocks on the south coast, the Ri2 would be the way to go but it is like trying to pack a suit of plate mail armour when it comes to travel! MrsT tried to see if she could take her standard (MSF?) 5mm one away on one occasion. How we laughed!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Lightweight for travel I guess!
    The new suit is still 4.5kgís. Itís lightweight compared to the 2/100 but in comparison to other trilaminate suits itís no lightweight and yet those others are marketed as being bomb proof.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    The new suit is still 4.5kg’s. It’s lightweight compared to the 2/100 but in comparison to other trilaminate suits it’s no lightweight and yet those others are marketed as being bomb proof.
    By O'Three standards, that is "lightweight" though isn't it?!! They seem to have their own measure of lightweight and toughness (like APD), somewhat different to the rest of the world's. They appear to believe you need a bulletproof drysuit as a minimum to dive, ideally tougher, and anything less is for warm water use only!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast