X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cathal
    Established TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

OThree Trilaminate Suit

Just wondering does anyone have any end user experience with the new OThree Trilaminate suit?

Much obliged

Cathal
  • jb2cool
    Sorry for being a dick
    • Dec 2012

First I've heard of it.

Comment

• Neilwood
      Established TDF Member
      • Oct 2015

Must be very new as it doesn't appear on their site (they have no trilam suits at all).

Sure it's not the new Otter suit you are thinking about?

Comment

• cathal
        Established TDF Member
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Neilwood
        Must be very new as it doesn't appear on their site (they have no trilam suits at all).

Sure it's not the new Otter suit you are thinking about?
        It’s out alright with various select divers testing it atm. I thought the testing phase might have concluded and that some on here may have got their hands on one by now.
        Tks

Comment

• SimonK
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

I've seen one, though not in the water (we got blown out). Very flexible material built to usual O'three standards. And very grey!
          Photographs

Comment

• bottle maker
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

They were selling them at the Birmingham dive show. Guy in my club has one. Not the most flattering cut but he stays dry.

Graham

Comment

• Timw
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

A couple of friends used them on a Britannic trip earlier this year and highly recommended them. Looks well made and a good fit. They both dive a lot so we'll see if they're anywhere near as robust as the Ri 2-100 material.
              Tea Boy

Comment

• iamyourgasman
                rEvo-lution
                • Dec 2012

I have the same friends as Tim. They told me the same as well (separately). They were told to try to “break them”. They certainly give it a good go!

Comment

• samkin
                  TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

I know someone who has one. The fit was bad enough that they were refunded and a new suit was being made. Not sure if they've got the new one yet

Comment

• colinicky
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

I have one of the very early test models which was before they decided to go telescopic. Having dived for the last 10 years in an Ri2/100 I must admit that I like the new material & the front entry. Very flexible & allows me a lot more range of movement of the arms etc. I had the Sitech QCP drygloves on my old suit & only had a couple of wet dives with them due to age related perishing of the o rings . Yet to be convinced about Kubis but I know a lot of people love them .
                    Mine fits me perfectly with thick undersuit & heating system but is baggy for summer diving with a thin undersuit. I used mine in Scapa beginning of the season & was just as warm as my old suit .
                    Funnily enough Jacob is over in Donegal diving his at present which he also used on the Brittanic trip . His is the telescopic version.
                    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• cathal
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by colinicky
                      I have one of the very early test models which was before they decided to go telescopic. Having dived for the last 10 years in an Ri2/100 I must admit that I like the new material & the front entry. Very flexible & allows me a lot more range of movement of the arms etc. I had the Sitech QCP drygloves on my old suit & only had a couple of wet dives with them due to age related perishing of the o rings . Yet to be convinced about Kubis but I know a lot of people love them .
                      Mine fits me perfectly with thick undersuit & heating system but is baggy for summer diving with a thin undersuit. I used mine in Scapa beginning of the season & was just as warm as my old suit .
                      Funnily enough Jacob is over in Donegal diving his at present which he also used on the Brittanic trip . His is the telescopic version.
                      Great feedback thanks.

Comment

• colinicky
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Just to add that the front zip on mine goes from right shoulder to left hip which I know is different to some other makes .
                        I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• windymiller
                          TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

I have one, done one dive so far, it's flexible, dry(not the fastest drying) but as said not the best fit....at the moment it's hunt the chest inflator...I LL give it another go before I moan to o3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• cathal
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by windymiller
                            I have one, done one dive so far, it's flexible, dry(not the fastest drying) but as said not the best fit....at the moment it's hunt the chest inflator...I LL give it another go before I moan to o3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                            Much obliged.

Comment

• zerogravity
                              New TDF Member
                              • Nov 2019

Also interested in this suit, any more feedback from current owners would be much appreciated. Particularly interested in the cut/fit.

I'm trying to decide between the Otter Atlantic (Lite material) Santi Elite+ or this suit. I have a 5 year old Ri2-100 and been very happy with it, however wonder if being an early adopter of their first trilam front loader is something I'll regret.

Comment

Working...