Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extra layer suggestions under O'Three MSF500tb?

I'm looking to add some warmth under my O'Three neoprene suit, but not sure what to go for that won't require me to add too much lead.

Currently I use Fourth Element Xerotherm with a variety of base layers underneath according to the water temperature. I'm usually OK with this, but did get cold on my recent trip to Scapa (10-12 degrees), which made me start looking for something more.
    I previously owned a full set of Fourth Element Arctics, but sold them as (with the full suit at least) I wasn't comfortable diving the weight required.

I have three options in mind and wondered what people thought:
    1. FE Arctic top (only)
    2. O'Three PPB Top (only)
    3. Waterproof 3D Mesh Vest

The alternative would seem to be boosting my base layers further, e.g. merino base and mid-layer below the Xerotherms.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Weezle compact with merino base layer.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Layers mate. Last winter under my 2mm O3 I upped the anti , I have pbb xtreme , added cheap base layer , xerotherm and some cheap leggings. Dry gloves made a huge difference as well.

So add some base layers , legs as well , lots of blood flow through the legs to chill down , you could consider the Xcore vest thingy , sounds warm. Decent hood as well , I use O3 5/7 mm.

Sounds like the artics might’ve helped

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I layer up with thin merino wool layers (shorts, vest, leggings and top under usual thermals) and find the X core vest on top makes a big difference. Wore that combo in Silfra in 2 degree water
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau