Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby_s View Post
    I was asking about the O'Three one, I did look at the 4th Element but decided the only dealers I could find were less convenient then getting to Predator in New Milton
    They sent me the biomap board and instructions to do myself, I didn't visit the shop once, my suit fits like a glove! Speak to the guys at Aquanauts and they will be able to help if you want a FE suit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I got the new Otter Atlantic, its very, very light and flexible. I think I was one of the guinea pigs for it. JJ had some teething problems with the design, ladies version only. When I got mine it was way too big in the top part. Did some diving in it before realising it was not OK, my previous drysuit was rear entry so didn't know what to expect. Send an email with some pictures to Otter, they said not to worry, I will get a new one. Had to wait for it another month. After doing some diving in the second one I think zip could be a couple of cm shorter but I like a tight drysuit.
    Overall very happy with my purchase.
    OThree is much closer for me but I didn't want neoprene drysuit.
    The Atlantic is so light and small I think I could fit it in my hand luggage if I go to Egypt in winter.
    And I got mtm for free.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenF View Post
    I'm probably not far off 100 dives so far this year (wreck and cave) and many still planned. Yet I am struggling to justify binning my 'functioning' otter in favour of a more sexy and comfortable Santi.

Absolutely understand the 'want' factor, but for a couple of dives this summer with no club to dive with, do you really need £3k worth of suit? ��

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
    Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply.

My diving the last 10 years has been recreational diving abroad with no exposure suit & a single cylinder but my plan is to get more back into UK diving & start going down the twinset & technical route so my plan is to get a decent suit & wing, do some entry level tech courses with an instructor & then join a local club to practice these basic skills (bouyancy/trim with drysuit & twinsets & increse my task loading etc) with the local club for a year or so to get the basics nailed before moving onto more advanced tech courses, wreck & cave.

So, my thinking was that I wanted to make an investment in a top of the range drysuit now that will see me well into my tech diving, rather than get a cheap suit now & have to buy another one in a years time to cope with the more vigorous stuff I have planned.

How have you found your Otter suit?
    Last edited by Gaz_; 18-07-2019 at 10:56 PM.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simples ! View Post
    I got the new Otter Atlantic, its very, very light and flexible. I think I was one of the guinea pigs for it. JJ had some teething problems with the design, ladies version only. When I got mine it was way too big in the top part. Did some diving in it before realising it was not OK, my previous drysuit was rear entry so didn't know what to expect. Send an email with some pictures to Otter, they said not to worry, I will get a new one. Had to wait for it another month. After doing some diving in the second one I think zip could be a couple of cm shorter but I like a tight drysuit.
    Overall very happy with my purchase.
    OThree is much closer for me but I didn't want neoprene drysuit.
    The Atlantic is so light and small I think I could fit it in my hand luggage if I go to Egypt in winter.
    And I got mtm for free.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply.

The one I was looking at was the HD version of the Otter Atlantic which according to the website "“The HD Atlantic is made from the Armour skin/Britannic material for more durability”

So I wonder if the HD might be a bit heavier/thicker & robust than the standard Atlantic as I would eventually like to use the suit for tech/wreck/cave diving

Cheers

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I spent two hours with Dennis at Predator today, was great going through all the details of the suit and just talking about life the universe and everything.

I am going back in a couple of weeks to collect the MTM suit, and will do a write up when I have had the chance to dive it a bit.

Established TDF Member Iain Smith's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Santi or Otter drysuit

Just come back from a week of tech diving in Croatia. Of 13 divers on the boat, from nine different countries (10 if we split the UK into its constituent nations), there were 11 Santi drysuits, one Scubapro and one I canít remember.

(In fact, there was a greater variety in the brands of wings and regs than there were of suits! Make of that what you will.)

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaby_s View Post
    I spent two hours with Dennis at Predator today, was great going through all the details of the suit and just talking about life the universe and everything.

I am going back in a couple of weeks to collect the MTM suit, and will do a write up when I have had the chance to dive it a bit.
    Yes, I've heard some good things about Dennis & Predator. I hope you're very happy with your suit & I look forward to seeing your write up

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain Smith View Post
    Just come back from a week of tech diving in Croatia. Of 13 divers on the boat, from nine different countries (10 if we split the UK into its constituent nations), there were 11 Santi drysuits, one Scubapro and one I can’t remember.

(In fact, there was a greater variety in the brands of wings and regs than there were of suits! Make of that what you will.)
    I'm aready decided on a wing (Halcyon Evolve) so one less thing to worry about but thats very reassuring to hear about the Santi suits

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just come back from a week of tech diving in Croatia. Of 13 divers on the boat, from nine different countries (10 if we split the UK into its constituent nations), there were 11 Santi drysuits, one Scubapro and one I can’t remember.

I'm aready decided on a wing (Halcyon Evolve) so one less thing to worry about but thats very reassuring to hear about the Santi suits

Thanks

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just come back from a week of tech diving in Croatia. Of 13 divers on the boat, from nine different countries (10 if we split the UK into its constituent nations), there were 11 Santi drysuits, one Scubapro and one I canít remember.

Would these people all have been diving DUI suits 15 years ago? I hope any new suit lasts a long time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast