Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    How inclusive are you towards staff who are stoned?
    Not as stoned as the staff looking at all the ego massaging bullshit management wanking going on. No doubt.

Honestly ffs...

How many people do you employ?
    Not you James 👍

The op..... 🙃
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    Not as stoned as the staff looking at all the ego massaging bullshit management wanking going on. No doubt.

Honestly ffs...

How many people do you employ?
    Not you James ��

The op..... ��
    90 staff
    Retaining staff is relatively easy. Plus we continually improve the employment package-such as last year we introduced a BUPA scheme. Recruitment is the hard part.
    We try to avoid ego massaging bullsh1t. Although once a month a massage therapist comes on site, one of the staff benefits.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    90 staff
    Retaining staff is relatively easy. Plus we continually improve the employment package-such as last year we introduced a BUPA scheme. Recruitment is the hard part.
    We try to avoid ego massaging bullsh1t. Although once a month a massage therapist comes on site, one of the staff benefits.
    With 90 staff you are not required to publicize gender pay gap information, however it might be worth looking into your pay gaps by role (not how the government do it but a much fairer comparison)
    Has your company got any reviews on glassdoor you can highlight on your website?
    Sounds like you are providing benefits to rival much larger companies, just listing the benefits your employees would be very impressive.
    If you have very low attrition rate there is nothing wrong with calling that out. Along with an example of some staff members who have worker their way up from entry level positions of the company to higher positions.
    There are other things you could introduce like a mentoring program, or workplace issue resolution program, if not in place already.
    Brewdog have one of the best staff benefit shout-out websites I've seen, I particularly like the pawternaty benefit:
    https://www.brewdog.com/community/cu...staff-benefits

Race, gender and LGBTQ+ inclusiveness is a really fine line to tread as there are many ways to interpret the numbers. If you have a workforce that is 90% a single race but also the CVs you get in are 99% that same race then to one group of people you're being inclusive, to the other you are discriminating.
    Also if you do have LGBTQ+ employees or women/men in roles usually filled by the other gender attempting to parade them out on your website may come across as disingenuous and crass as well as upset your employee. Having said that if you put out a company mail asking employees if they would like their accomplishments included on the website, I woudln't expect too may responses but you might get lucky and get genuine and useful case study.

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManualOverride View Post
    Also if you do have LGBTQ+ employees or women/men in roles usually filled by the other gender attempting to parade them out on your website may come across as disingenuous and crass as well as upset your employee. Having said that if you put out a company mail asking employees if they would like their accomplishments included on the website, I woudln't expect too may responses but you might get lucky and get genuine and useful case study.
    I'd just steer well clear if I were you

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    I'd just steer well clear if I were you
    Yeah, it's just a bit sad that you can do a lot of work to ensure a potential employee can do the job they are hired for, for their employment to be a positive experience for them and the company and for nothig else to matter, but trying to point that out is a minefield.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    90 staff
    Recruitment is the hard part..
    Brewdog have one of the best staff benefit shout-out websites I've seen, ...
    Free beer for new recruits Ian?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Free beer

Yeah, it's just a bit sad that you can do a lot of work to ensure a potential employee can do the job they are hired for, for their employment to be a positive experience for them and the company and for nothig else to matter, but trying to point that out is a minefield.
    We have no intention of parading staff out on the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Free beer for new recruits Ian?
    Meet the Team lunch when you turn up on first day, summer event (drink and food supplied), Christmas party. We even provide hotel rooms at Christmas event for staff with a long journey home. I think we tick the box there.

Many of the tenders we now quote for want evidence that we are a inclusive employer. We are, but proving this is a challenge. Hence my original question.

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Many of the tenders we now quote for want evidence that we are a inclusive employer. We are, but proving this is a challenge. Hence my original question.
    How do you know you are ?

Serious question

Do you have a quiet room ? Autism aware ? Gender neutral bathrooms ? What are your facilities for hearing impaired ? Etc

How are you inclusive ?

So far all you've done is describe pretty routine staff perks and say you are "tolerant" (which is by definition a non inclusive word)

Not being aggressive here - it's a genuine question. What do you understand "inclusive" to mean and how do you know you are ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    How do you know you are ?

Serious question

Do you have a quiet room ? Autism aware ? Gender neutral bathrooms ? What are your facilities for hearing impaired ? Etc

How are you inclusive ?

So far all you've done is describe pretty routine staff perks and say you are "tolerant" (which is by definition a non inclusive word)

Not being aggressive here - it's a genuine question. What do you understand "inclusive" to mean and how do you know you are ?
    Don't ask, don't tell.

A great quote from the Ferris Bueller's Day Off film - Ferris: Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there.
    Last edited by jamesp; 10-07-2019 at 02:10 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [QUOTE=Ian@1904;434563

Many of the tenders we now quote for want evidence that we are a inclusive employer. We are, but proving this is a challenge. Hence my original question.[/QUOTE]

Look at the websites of the companies who are asking for ‘Inclusive’ statements from you for their ‘inclusiveness’ statements. Cut, Copy, Paste and then edit their words with a sprinkling of today’s ‘trendy’ words regarding your compaies working practises to look like it’s your companies words and you won’t go far wrong.
    Edit once a year to keep it up to date...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast