• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wibble32
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Colour Correction

Hi
    I used to use Photoshop CS2 with a custom filter to put the red and other colours back into my Pics. It will no longer load on WIN8 or WIN10. So I must find something else to use.
    Any recommendations for a software package, and or action script, free if possible?
    All advice welcomed, I have already taken the pics so adding a red filter to the camera will not work....

Thanks
    Rgds
  • Stuart Keasley
    bottlefish
    • Dec 2012

Not free, but I've just started using DX0 as a replacement for Lightroom, having finally got to the end of my tether with Adobe

Choose the best photo editing software that fits you! New versions. Lifetime license. No subscription
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

Picassa is no longer supported, but is free and does our colour corrections fine.
      Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• rth
        TDF Member
        • Jan 2013

I have been using Affinity photo editing program for the last couple of years and it seems to cover most things that Photoshop does. It does not do the indexing of photos but is great for editing. Currently £39 for permanent licence with updates. It allows a free trial as well.
        The only fully-loaded photo editor integrated across macOS, Windows and iPad, Affinity Photo is the first choice of millions of professionals around the world.

Comment

• Neilwood
          Established TDF Member
          • Oct 2015

GIMP is my choice - link.

Not as easy to use as PS but very powerful if you give the UI a chance

Comment

• wibble32
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Thank you all for replying,
            I went with the Affinity recommended by rth. Did the job simply and easily.
            Very like Photoshop CS2

Thanks again
            Rgds
            Originally posted by rth
            I have been using Affinity photo editing program for the last couple of years and it seems to cover most things that Photoshop does. It does not do the indexing of photos but is great for editing. Currently £39 for permanent licence with updates. It allows a free trial as well.
            https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/#buy

Comment

Working...