Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salem express

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Salem express

For those that have dived this ship, there are plenty of pictures but this is the only video I know showing the ship before it's sinking.

https://youtu.be/G7WC9gC6Ro0

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsaan View Post
    For those that have dived this ship, there are plenty of pictures but this is the only video I know showing the ship before it's sinking.

https://youtu.be/G7WC9gC6Ro0
    Hi ihsaan yes i have dived that but on an RB, i would say that diver is a tad foolhardy (nob head)going in there with a single looks like a 12 ltr

alby

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Alby, are you watching the same video? The one I'm showing is 25 seconds long and shows no diving.

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have dived this wreck but have very very mixed feelings about it due to the fact that the sinking is fairly recent with great loss of life. Liveaboard crews used to not like it due being in living memory and the fact that many who perished were returning from Hadj to Mecca.

Dived it once again since and have no wish to dive it again. I have never penetrated the inside of the wreck apart from the Bridge and companionways.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsaan View Post
    Alby, are you watching the same video? The one I'm showing is 25 seconds long and shows no diving.
    hi ihsaan, not sure what happened there but i got a vid of divers going thru the wreck.

alby

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dived it from a liveaboard 7 years ago - tied onto a mooring right on the wreck, very early in the morning. There were some very cute baby pipefish around a propellor, and I watched a damselfish protecting its eggs from a flatworm, but this was the most striking sight. If you leave your unit on the wreck it can't be a good day...
    Last edited by OrangeHead; 02-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby R View Post
    hi ihsaan, not sure what happened there but i got a vid of divers going thru the wreck.

alby
    Ihsaan posted this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7WC...ature=youtu.be, i suspect you watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=sr4SBjhU_sU) posted by Eddie

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHead View Post
    Dived it from a liveaboard 7 years ago - tied onto a mooring right on the wreck, very early in the morning. There were some very cute baby pipefish around a propellor, and I watched a damselfish protecting its eggs from a flatworm, but this was the most striking sight. If you leave your unit on the wreck it can't be a good day...
    I saw the video of the dive, and thought that wreck is creepy and disturbing.... then I saw this. Yep. Never want to put a fin near that ship.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have to say that that is a wreck that I would not have a problem in leaving well alone.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dived the Salem Express in 2001. Remember being briefed against penetration, and some areas being closed off. Either because I was young, or stupid.. or both.. I helped myself in. Can still remember luggage and personal items along corridors.. it was sad and left a bad taste for the rest of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast