Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oceanics Service Kits

There still seems to be a problem getting hold of service kits for Oceanics regs. The UK agent seems to be less than useless and totally disinterested according to our LDS.
    Has anyone found a source of these kits anywhere else such as other EU countries?

Our club has 10 regs needing service so this is quite a problem for us.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Try contacting JR Services directly.

Unless you're a qualified Oceanic service technician they will not sell you kits. If they do, they charge full price even though there is no such thing as RRP on non-consumer items.

However, you might be able to do a deal with them to service your regulators by sending them to them.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bristol channel diving can help.. He had plenty in stock but they are expensive

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We weren't planning to service the DV's ourselves - it's the LDS that we use who are having the problem getting hold of the service kits. He had to buy his last batch from Stoney Cove who had plenty in stock but they won't sell them to him any more because they can't get replacements.The current agent for Oceanics came to see him a couple of months ago and tried to get him to stock new Oceanics valves but wouldn't guarantee the availability of any service kits or spares for them. He was given short shrift.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    After many years of happily owning Oceanic regs I've finally given up on them, the servicing cost have risen sharply over time and now even finding someone that can do them has become a pain.

Time to listen to (nearly) everyone and move into the Apeks family, I've bought a set from 4th Element Just Apeks ( https://4thelement-diving.co.uk/ ).
    This isn't going to come as any surprise to those of you have had dealings with them but I'm extremely impressed by Sams help and not to mention the amazing value and service.

Looking forward to getting them wet now
    All the best
    Dave

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Our family's personal regs are all Apeks and I also have been very impressed with the level of service I have received from Sam. Unfortunately, our club bought a load of Oceanics regs some years ago and this is what we as a committee have inherited. I've just had two regs serviced at 84 each. We've got another 8 which need doing.

i think we need to look closely at our finances and see about replacingat least some of them with Apeks. As I said in another post, I'm still using my 25 year old T50 for which service kits are still available at a reasonable price.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Our family's personal regs are all Apeks and I also have been very impressed with the level of service I have received from Sam. Unfortunately, our club bought a load of Oceanics regs some years ago and this is what we as a committee have inherited. I've just had two regs serviced at 84 each. We've got another 8 which need doing.

i think we need to look closely at our finances and see about replacingat least some of them with Apeks. As I said in another post, I'm still using my 25 year old T50 for which service kits are still available at a reasonable price.
    84 quid for a service for a set of regs is about par for the course in my experience, depending on the cost of the service kits - once you deduct the VAT no one is going to get fat on that and Oceanic spares seem to have become mega expensive and difficult to source in recent years (one of my kids has a set and both regs have the same faceplate as getting an new octopus one when it split was simply impossible. Does the club really need to keep 10 sets of regs in service for trainees? Are you charging enough for rental to encourage people to invest in their own?

We took a number of club regs out of use this year as they came up for service because it was impossible to justify keeping them all serviced for the one weekend a year when every newbie within 50 miles wanted to dive! You could probably buy 5 new sets of Apeks regs for the cost of servicing alone, I am sure you could get a deal on them and sell the Oceanics on EBay and still end up ahead.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The LDS who services our kit is very reasonable with his charges. Unfortunately, he is retiring at Christmas and his business is closing down.

We currently have 8 Ocean Diver trainees going through and a couple of instructors who come straight from work and don't have time to collect their own gear, so yes, we do need 10 regs.

We are certainly looking to swap out the Oceanics for Apeks, it's just a case of timing and finances.

Established TDF Member bubbleless's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi , I have some kits ... happy to sell
    1,PX2 DIN 5 each
    2,PX2 YOKE 5 Each
    1 CDX YOKE 5 Each
    5 DX2 YOKE 5 Each
    1 CDX DVT 5 Each.

Plus postage, happy to Post anywhere.

These are all 1st stage kits and thats all I have, hope they are use for someone.