Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm pretty sure I've never been asked for a medical form in Spain, and if I was I certainly just showed them the one I got from my doctor.

You will almost certainly be asked to produce proof of diving insurance though. Dive centres can usually sell you insurance on a per day, week or month basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
    Does anyone know about this medical form required in Spain? An E form or something?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We had to show dive medicals. I had one from the UK where a doctor has confirmed I am fit to dive. The wife and kids had to go to the local doctor in líestartit and have a check done (it was five or ten minutes each person, canít remember the cost).

I donít know for sure but I think you could get away with a self cert form - I think Iíve heard that thereís a bsac one but I may be making that up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It is a legal requirement in Spain for dive outfits to check you have a up to date dive medical. Many locally (Spanish owned) run outfits ignore this, but mostly they were at school or in the bar with the local police who never check. Outfits run by ex pats from whatever country do not have this advantage so tend to play by the rules. Most will have an arrangement with a local doc who will certify at a reasonable cost but there is no agreed fee, market rates.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ooof..... I'll never get to see my GP before I go, its like a 12 week waiting list.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ooof..... I'll never get to see my GP before I go, its like a 12 week waiting list.
    Ask whoever you dive with say you will need one if they want it. They can often arrange a doc to call and do several first thing in morning before going out.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you're in Surrey, you could try Oli Firth. I booked with him on Monday, and was seen yesterday. He does London on Thursdays, and Reigate on other days.

https://www.hyperdive.co.uk/

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by drmwc View Post
    If you're in Surrey, you could try Oli Firth. I booked with him on Monday, and was seen yesterday. He does London on Thursdays, and Reigate on other days.https://www.hyperdive.co.uk/
    Oh amazing, I work in Reigate.Edit: Oooof £80I only want to do one dive.... Ill bear him in mind for if I do a proper holiday there.
    Last edited by sim667; 28-06-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh amazing, I work in Reigate.Edit: Oooof £80I only want to do one dive.... Ill bear him in mind for if I do a proper holiday there.
    Check with the dive centre whether they will accept the BSAC, SSAC or SAA Self Decleration Form see the UKDMC Download Page.

However, if you can't truthfully answer No to each question you need to see a Diving Referee, don't lie.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    Check with the dive centre whether they will accept the BSAC, SSAC or SAA Self Decleration Form see the UKDMC Download Page.However, if you can't truthfully answer No to each question you need to see a Diving Referee, don't lie.
    Thanks. I do a yearly BSAC form for my club anyway. My ears are my main problem, but thats largely down to getting really hayfevery in May/June when tree pollen is around in the UK.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My medical in Almeria was €35 and is valid for two years. The Doc was very thorough., I was quite impressed as I expected him to just go through the motions and trouser the €35.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast