Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tissue Compartment Calculator Spreadsheet

This is a dive Excel spreadsheet (ss) I created that displays the tissue compartment pressures for up to five
    profiles. Each profile can contain four depths and times. The ss will support NDL and deco dives using any mix
    of gas containing nitrogen and helium using two main and two deco gasses. It suppoprts imperial and metric units,
    base altitude changes, fresh and salt water, DSAT and Buhlmann tables, adjustable deco stop intervals and last
    stop depths, and more. It will let you override deco stops to show you the status of your tissues if you decide
    to make an emergency ascent to the surface.

This version gives you the ability to show the tissue compartment pressures for both nitrogen and helium as
    when trimix is used. I don't know why I didn't include this capability in a prior version. It seems obvious
    to me now to include it. Fixed a bug in applying HT multipliers for N2 and He. Changed CTC highlight colors
    based on the gases used. Changed high limit for GFHi to 150. Fixed displaying of Dsat HT's. Added display
    of the HT multiplier. Check it out.
    Last edited by Wilbo; 24-06-2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Removed XLS file - can’t be too careful.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I’ve updated the post. You’re a new user and Office documents are a great way to spread viruses and malware.

I’m sure you understand
    Cheers!
    Wilbo
    - Forum Admin.

www.thediveforum.com - invite your friends.. Lets not make this a good forum. Lets make this a great forum!

GiffGaff - a proper unlimited data tariff..

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes I understand it's a problem with some files and with some users. Is the reason the file was removed is because I'm a new user or that office documents can contain malware and should never be posted here? I'm just looking for clarification. BTW, I looked at the FAQ and could not find anything specific on limiting the type of downloadable content.
    Last edited by xjjx; 24-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You are brand new and we have no reason to trust you yet. Take part in the community and build some trust and maybe things will change.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The post without the spreadsheet loses a fair bit of its interest though, doesn't it?

I'd have been really quite interested to see the iterative trimix implementation in excel macro language.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For those users who are interested in the dive ss you can get it from Scubaboard.com. Go to the Community, to the advanced forum and find the thread "Dive Calculation Spreadsheet". Find the post with the link dive_062419_v26_0.xls and click on it. That will take you to a hosting site where you can download the ss.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a relatively new user here but for a job I'm a Data Analyst (sadly what I cant do in Excel should not be done it and probably some of what I can) I'll head over and grab the file I can explore the VB code if any is attached.

I remember the quote by my collegue about securing an excel file with a "password" I smiled and said that would only slow me down by max 5 mins! This has included checking a file we got from a 3rd party customer that wanted us to use the macro writen by thier contractor to update them!! They password protected the VBA however if they think we are running something that we have not checked they are crazy plus I can usually learn something from how other code too, always good to learn that took 10 mins until I was reading the code it did have a nice UDF

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lovely VB Code well commented, it is more than I need in my diving at the moment but as I Geek I love it.

It does what it says on the tin, there are no supprises in the VB code, but that was a huge amount of work! Thanks xjjx i'll definetly learn from the code too

PS Thanks Wilbo for looking after those who are not able to check it is safe for themselves.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks Scubaguy for downloading the app and looking through the code. I could have said it was clean (malware free) but it means much more coming from someone else. Believe it or not I found a few more bugs and am working on it now so expect a notice regarding v26.1. I try to find and correct as many bugs as I can but there are just too many scenarios to check so I don't always find them right away. If you have questions or issues let me know. Thanks again.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I belive it, not sure who was it who said if there are 160 formula in an Excel sheet you have at least 1 error

I should sign my post's but I'm in hiding from the Ex!

Matt
    Last edited by Scubaguy; 26-06-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Correct a typo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast