Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Divemaster Internship in Malta

New Dimension Scuba in Malta is looking for PADI Divemaster Trainees for 3 months from July-Sept (although flexible so please ask).

Whether you're wanting to work in the diving industry, improve your personal level of diving or want to go diving every day through out the summer, we welcome applications from all ages from Open Water Divers upwards.
    You'll be working along side our small team of Instructors who will guide and train you through your courses and development, as well as helping out with every day diving activities and centre logistics.

We'll provide you with all your courses and dives needed to start your Divemaster training, including 5 specialities that will help you get the most out of diving Malta.
    If the standard is met, we can also provide you with further tec or sidemount training as part as your personal development included as part of your internship.

For more information email us at www.nds-malta.com and we can provide you with all the details.
    Last edited by ndsmalta; 28-04-2017 at 11:46 AM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've just put together and then deleted a long winded post about lack of pay, equipment, accommodation, using free labour to cover the annual peak season and then claiming it's in the intern / apprentice / na´ve lacky's benefit.

....But then I realised we did this 3 years ago https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...ships-in-Malta

I guess it would be nice to be able to work unpaid for 3 months. If I was a student with a year off and plenty of my parents' cash to burn I guess I'd go for it. Although, for anyone interested, there are places to do this with considerably more "compensation"
    Last edited by NWdiver; 28-04-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWdiver View Post
    I've just put together and then deleted a long winded post about lack of pay, equipment, accommodation, using free labour to cover the annual peak season and then claiming it's in the intern / apprentice / na´ve lacky's benefit.

....But then I realised we did this 3 years ago https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...ships-in-Malta

I guess it would be nice to be able to work unpaid for 3 months. If I was a student with a year off and plenty of my parents' cash to burn I guess I'd go for it. Although, for anyone interested, there are places to do this with considerably more "compensation"

....and less risk of being found guilty of being mistreated by the criminal justice system.
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm in a fairly land-locked area in Canada looking for training programs that have some level of "compensation." Are there any comprehensive lists out there that have a good breakdown of available international programs? Or is it more a matter of hunting these down 1 dive shop/program at a time?

For the record, I'm not totally put off by an energy-exchange training experience. But while searching for programs, I'm finding it hard to discern what could be a positive program/experience from a potentially negative one.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsmalta View Post
    New Dimension Scuba in Malta is looking for PADI Divemaster Trainees for 3 months from July-Sept (although flexible so please ask).

Whether you're wanting to work in the diving industry, improve your personal level of diving or want to go diving every day through out the summer, we welcome applications from all ages from Open Water Divers upwards.
    You'll be working along side our small team of Instructors who will guide and train you through your courses and development, as well as helping out with every day diving activities and centre logistics.

We'll provide you with all your courses and dives needed to start your Divemaster training, including 5 specialities that will help you get the most out of diving Malta.
    If the standard is met, we can also provide you with further tec or sidemount training as part as your personal development included as part of your internship.

For more information email us at www.nds-malta.com and we can provide you with all the details.
    Can’t be that new you posted the same request in 2013.

Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TO.KODiver View Post
    I'm in a fairly land-locked area in Canada looking for training programs that have some level of "compensation." Are there any comprehensive lists out there that have a good breakdown of available international programs? Or is it more a matter of hunting these down 1 dive shop/program at a time?

For the record, I'm not totally put off by an energy-exchange training experience. But while searching for programs, I'm finding it hard to discern what could be a positive program/experience from a potentially negative one.
    This post dates back quite a few years but the instructor who posted it is now working for a dive centre in Gozo that would be worth contacting but one thing is certain, no one is going to pay you for the privilege of teaching you! You can either pay to learn fast or you can offer effort in exchange for teaching. But don't waste your time expecting to be paid whilst learning. It's not going to happen!
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    Can’t be that new you posted the same request in 2013.
    The OP didn't post the update.

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsmalta View Post

Giz us a job. Remember Straight St very well :-)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bullen View Post
    The OP didn't post the update.
    "ndsmalta" started the post in 2013 and this one. Therefore, I belive it is the same intividual.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    "ndsmalta" started the post in 2013 and this one. Therefore, I belive it is the same intividual.
    Sigh... it's the same post, TO.KODiver posted a query on it which brought it back to life after 2 years. NDS Malta doesn't exist anymore it merged with a different dive ctr and the former owner is now living and working on Gozo.