Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LfM NW7 - how to repair cable

Have a Light for Me NW7 torch with a broken cable, so it constantly flashes on and off when it's moved. The break appears to be at the cable relief 'spring' at the light head.

Called DirDirect who said it's got to go back to Poland :-( LfM have an awful reputation for taking months to do any repairs. I'm still dealing with them over the heater battery.

An idea occurred ... shorten the cable by 10cm.

So how do you open the bloody thing! Have removed the three grub screws but the back of the unit won't budge. Has anyone opened one? How? Any info online?

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I expect it's constructed similarly to the 4TEC in MadUKDiver's write up on this forum here.

Sometimes the images don't work (might be my employer's firewall), but if you hit "reply with quote", you can get the urls to find them.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Have you asked Deep Ideas? They do cable replacements and servicing of other lights
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I expect it's constructed similarly to the 4TEC in MadUKDiver's write up on this forum here.

Sometimes the images don't work (might be my employer's firewall), but if you hit "reply with quote", you can get the urls to find them.
    Eeeeeek.

Now considering buying a new NW7 and send the old one back to Poland. Hopefully the new one will last long enough by the time they repair it...

Would be a nice little business for someone to do LFM repairs in a timely manner in the UK
    Last edited by Wibs; 19-06-2019 at 01:42 PM.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Should’ve kept your Focus.