Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thor has got one that looks pretty awesome - focusable, replaceable led...

https://translate.googleusercontent....Nb1kdlyRG01Suw

Theyíve got some uk distributors.
    FWIW Iíve got one of their battery canisters and it seems good.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Has anyone actually used an Anchor torch?
    https://anchordivelights.com/product...oodman-handle/

I like the idea that the pieces are interchangeable, such as the cable and battery. Makes the replacement a non-issue, compared with the year's wait for Light-For-Me.

I'm particularly interested in the 'signalling' beam; is it tight enough for signalling in 'lighter' conditions?

Does anyone know of anyone who's used one?

(BTW they've got some 15% discount deal for BSAC members and 25% for BSAC instructors)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Has anyone actually used an Anchor torch?
    https://anchordivelights.com/product...oodman-handle/

I like the idea that the pieces are interchangeable, such as the cable and battery. Makes the replacement a non-issue, compared with the year's wait for Light-For-Me.

I'm particularly interested in the 'signalling' beam; is it tight enough for signalling in 'lighter' conditions?

Does anyone know of anyone who's used one?

(BTW they've got some 15% discount deal for BSAC members and 25% for BSAC instructors)

Just give Declan a shout. He is sound and will do his best to help you out.

He is really passionate about his lights.

Tell him I sent you and he will look after you
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    BTW the BSAC instructors discount ends at the end of June
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Hi Wibs. Like you, Iím having similar problems with my NW7. Unlike you at the moment Iíve found their service department very helpful. Anyway to answer your question as to which torch to go for. Take a look at a Seawolf A2260. As far as I know, they are a UK firm. Donít know much about them except to say that two guys I was diving with last week in Scapa had them and they were seriously bright! It was like a scene from Close Encounters when they were swimming towards you.
    How did you get LfM to do your repair? I've registered the problem by raising a ticket. One week and nothing heard. Have posted a couple of reminders.

Crap service.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I sent them an email initially.

They followed up with me asking if I still wanted to open a ticket.

Opened one and sent them my light head.

IV not had any updates other than they received it, IV chased once, I keep meaning to phone them to get an update. IV also got an email address I can follow up with.

It does feel a bit like talking into a black hole after the initial contact but I'm hoping it won't be to long to get the light head back.

Mine is having the E/O cable replaced with the RCA connection as I don't need it to be changeable and the cord needed changing anyway. So it's paid work and the torch was fine (other than the E/O end but that seems to just be E/O cords in general).

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My cable's broken just after the cable relief spring on the lighthead. Bend it one way and it works. Bend it the other and it turns off.

The root cause, IMHO, is the cable is too flexible and thus bends too sharply at that strain point. When -- of if I can -- get it repaired I'll add a load of self-amalgamating tape to reinforce that weak point.

I've pondered getting a replacement NW7 and keeping it as a spare once the other's back. But I'm so pissed off with their crap service that I'm seriously considering the Anchor light as that's fully modular-- can buy a replacement cable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123