Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi Wibs. Like you, Iím having similar problems with my NW7. Unlike you at the moment Iíve found their service department very helpful. Anyway to answer your question as to which torch to go for. Take a look at a Seawolf A2260. As far as I know, they are a UK firm. Donít know much about them except to say that two guys I was diving with last week in Scapa had them and they were seriously bright! It was like a scene from Close Encounters when they were swimming towards you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Focus 2...

How bright is it on the wide setting compared with a NW7? Can you use it for (GoPro) videos?

How long does the tiny battery last? Is the version two battery just as difficult to remove as the first version?

Are bigger batteries available -- aside from opting for the ridiculously expensive E/O connector?

Does the switch on the V2 work, compared with that exceedingly fiddly v1 switch (obviously designed by someone who doesn't wear thick dry gloves)?
    On the wide setting it isn't powerful enough for video, well not in the murky caves and mines of the UK. In crystal clear water and smaller passages it is just okay. Prefer my Bigblue video light for my Gopro.

Battery is fine and runs 3hrs on full, 5.5hrs on half power which is like the old focus. In Mexico type conditions half power is fine, in fact even on half power it blows away most of my buddies lights.

I have not had an issue with the battery removal but yes it is the same as the old one.

I also use thick gloves and find the switch a little bit fiddly but not a major issue tbh.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Does it do "wide" and "narrow" beams?

Does it come in an E/O cord version?

Is it "massive" on the hand, compared with other common torches?

What's it like in an overhead environment such as min, shipwreck or cave? Is it OK for signaling?

Any idea what the Light Emitting Diode type is? XML or other?

Any problems encountered?

Is there a waist belt mounting on the battery? Where do you mount it?

So many questions! So little information available...
    It's not an XML it's some COB type like a CSM-360 or similar.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    fwiw i've got a 32w light monkey fixed focus head (after trying a halcyon focus 2).
    In uk mines/caves I tend to use it on relatively low settings to minimise the backscatter from all the silt (the focus was better at handling that).
    I really loved the beam from the focus but on balance the LM suits me better as I can fit it on a helmet whereas the focus was just too big for that

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a shame the MB Suv VB 50 is no longer made Every one copied it. It was 650.00 and they went bust

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase View Post
    What a shame the MB Suv VB 50 is no longer made Every one copied it. It was 650.00 and they went bust
    No Heron, No Glory...................

ďAttitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.Ē
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Didnít he retire?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Take a look at the Oceanex Sunbeam. Probably one of the best umbilical lights out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had a mate who really didnít care about money, brought and took an MB sub vb50 cave, a LM 35w led and the 21w hid in for a dive.

VB50 won hands down.

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast