Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    Established TDF Member Steve C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Javea, Spain
    Posts
    635
    Likes (Given)
    466
    Likes (Received)
    271

    Secondary filtration for a portable compressor

    Has anyone fitted /used a secondary filter on a portable compressor (e.g. Bauer Poseidon) to bring the air to compatibility with O2 clean cylinders? If so, what did you use and where you get it?

  2. #2
    Established TDF Member MikeF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Darkest Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes (Given)
    194
    Likes (Received)
    2670
    Is it a PE100? If so it’s a bit of a bugger as the HP outlet that is fitted to the filter tower lid is a combined PMV and swivel with a Bauer specific connection and needs to rotate so you can change the filter cartridge.

    I’ve fitted second filters to other compressors which is just a swagelok plumbing exercise between the existing filter and the PMV but haven’t got round to doing a PE100 yet.

  3. #3
    Established TDF Member Paulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,776
    Likes (Given)
    5075
    Likes (Received)
    4455
    Blog Entries
    1
    Can you not just add a 'personal filter' in line?
    Rememeber anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

    Illegitimi non carborundum

  4. #4
    Established TDF Member Steve C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Javea, Spain
    Posts
    635
    Likes (Given)
    466
    Likes (Received)
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Is it a PE100? If so it’s a bit of a bugger as the HP outlet that is fitted to the filter tower lid is a combined PMV and swivel with a Bauer specific connection and needs to rotate so you can change the filter cartridge.

    I’ve fitted second filters to other compressors which is just a swagelok plumbing exercise between the existing filter and the PMV but haven’t got round to doing a PE100 yet.
    Mike, It has the P21 filter not the P11 filter on the current PE100s. But the PMV is directly attached to the filter. I guess it would need a second PMV and filter stack?

  5. #5
    Established TDF Member Steve C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Javea, Spain
    Posts
    635
    Likes (Given)
    466
    Likes (Received)
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Can you not just add a 'personal filter' in line?
    I have seen this mentioned before (here for example with a PMV included). Would this provide sufficient additional filtration to guard O2 cleanliness? What should it be filled with?
    Last edited by Steve C; 23-05-2019 at 03:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Posts
    1,729
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    606
    One of these.

    https://www.godive.net/brands/beaver...al-air-filter/

    You can buy the spares kits if you feel you need to change the filter.

    I have one in my spares box just in case & use on my cylinders when theyíre on a portable filter. Iíve never failed an o2 clean.

    TPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

  7. #7
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    554
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    110
    I put a pair of the undersea personal filters in series with a u bend of 1/4 tube and swageloc fittings with a PMV and moisture eyeball on the outlet and a check valve on the inlet. Itís basically a pair of Coltri cartridges in top of the Bauer one. I was happy enough with it on a small compressor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Established TDF Member Steve C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Javea, Spain
    Posts
    635
    Likes (Given)
    466
    Likes (Received)
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w View Post
    I put a pair of the undersea personal filters in series with a u bend of 1/4 tube and swageloc fittings with a PMV and moisture eyeball on the outlet and a check valve on the inlet. Itís basically a pair of Coltri cartridges in top of the Bauer one. I was happy enough with it on a small compressor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats an interesting configuration .. where did you get the PMV and moisture eyeball from? How often do you replace the filters and do you give them the same lifespan if placed in series?

  9. #9
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,331
    Likes (Given)
    128
    Likes (Received)
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyg View Post
    One of these.

    https://www.godive.net/brands/beaver...al-air-filter/

    You can buy the spares kits if you feel you need to change the filter.

    I have one in my spares box just in case & use on my cylinders when theyíre on a portable filter. Iíve never failed an o2 clean.

    TPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How would you fail an 02 clean?

    I have heard that these personal filters arenít worth it, I have also heard that regular filter changes on a well maintained Bauer and thereís not Need for an additional filter. But itís all here say and nobody qualified will give a proper answer ...

  10. #10
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    554
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Thats an interesting configuration .. where did you get the PMV and moisture eyeball from? How often do you replace the filters and do you give them the same lifespan if placed in series?
    I got the PMV from the US on eBay and the eyeball from Iain ((HSM). Changed the compressor filter on hours based on humidity and temperature ( was in Asia so was about 5 hours) and used the eyeball for when it got past 10% on the little card for the ones in the personal filters.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •