Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Windows 365 Security.

A couple of new PCs have been added to my work 'network' and are running on the Win 365 OS. I have been told that they have built in antivirus etc and I am assuming that this will be Windows Defender?

On the rest of the network I've got AVG.

I use the term Network very loosely as the server is just a place to store some core accounts files as it is always switched on.

Is the built in security/antivirus any good?

As ever, thank you in advance for all/any replies.
    Last edited by Finless; 14-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As far as I know, there isn't an OS called Windows 365. The latest version is Windows 10. (Office 365 is the latest office version)

My understanding is that the Windows 10 built in anti virus (Defender) is as good as things like AVG (and doesn't nag you to buy the "pro" version, and doesn't hog so mch system resource).
    I've seen articles suggesting that Defender (an dlots of other antivirus software) isn't so good at the more modern Malware exploits, so MalwareBytes is recommended to help with those.

My home PCs run Defender and MalwareBytes, and so far, i have't had any problems.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    As far as I know, there isn't an OS called Windows 365. The latest version is Windows 10. (Office 365 is the latest office version)

My understanding is that the Windows 10 built in anti virus (Defender) is as good as things like AVG (and doesn't nag you to buy the "pro" version, and doesn't hog so mch system resource).
    I've seen articles suggesting that Defender (an dlots of other antivirus software) isn't so good at the more modern Malware exploits, so MalwareBytes is recommended to help with those.

My home PCs run Defender and MalwareBytes, and so far, i have't had any problems.
    OK, I can see where my Bro' got confused when I asked him about "what OS and what AV he had on the new PCs".
    https://www.computerworld.com/articl...explained.html
    "
    FAQ: Microsoft 365 explained
    Microsoft has bundled together Windows 10, Office 365 and a variety of management tools to create its newest subscription suite, Microsoft 365 (M365). Here's what the bundle includes, how much it costs and what it means for the software developer's future.
    "

We have the Pro version of AVG on all but the new PCs so I guess that we'll have to 'suck it and see' regarding online safety. I suppose I could do some research but I'm lazy and they are not my PCs.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pc's, like fire, a great slave but awful master.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.