Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got the Scubapro ones. If I get a chance tonight I'll see how small they go.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You might find that the earlier version Scubapro Cinch bands may go smaller than the current version.
    The old style were fiddly when changing cylinder size as the webbing went to the inner side of the band, but when set it didn't need changing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry it's taken a while. I don't have 7L to test it with but it looks like it should go down to 15cm if not less so should do the trick.

I wanted two of them so bought this (https://www.mikesdivestore.com/produ...avel-backplate) and ditched the backplate which worked out cheaper than buying two bands.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi all,

On the Apex/ Aqualung Griplock I like the idea of quickly swapping cylinders; the strength of the metal clasp (as my plastic camband buckle recently snapped) and the ease of 'install and forgetting' my trim pockets (always found them a pain with the conventional camband Velcro strap on standard 12L cylinders).

The only thing causing me to hesitate is that they seem to rely on the strength of a relatively small amount of Velcro to hold or get them them in place - that on the micro adjustment side. Anyone had any probs with this coming undone or not adequately griping? I assume once you do have the fastener tightened fully down the grip comes from the triglide?

Will be using with an Xdeep STA and Wing and conduct limited wreck penetration and cavern diving.

Trying to decide between simply replacing my cambands with SS clasps or the Griplocks.

Thanks,

Simon
    Last edited by SimonPM; 02-01-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have used buddy bands on all size of cylinders
    With a few mods ie lenthen the valcro to strap in a 3rd
    cylinder . Or recut the strap length to suit 7L cylinders
    3L cylinder straps need to be cut down and then bend the metel cam some what add new valcro
    . But you can make them all work just fine. Never had one come away . Sewing machine comes in handy

PS if you drill holes In the blue blocks and stick a bolt through you can band on even more shit

(camband buckle recently snapped) over did it . Maybe.
    Last edited by gobfish1; 03-01-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    None diver as of 2018.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    (camband buckle recently snapped) over did it . Maybe.
    Bit of a mystery this one - just came apart lifting my rig out of my dive bag. Could be a rare dud or perhaps repetitive temp switching from being stored in a warm room to diving sub 4 degs or me not being patient enough with new webbing - but was never too tight on the cylinder.

Have ordered a single griplock to try - worst case it ends up as a spare but I suspect Iíll end up getting another due to positive feedback Iíve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smk82 View Post
    Out of curiosity I also emailed scuba pro to ask about their super cinch bands, Iíve received two different answers! One place says they are designed for 10-15l tanks, the manufacturer says they have fitted ok to a 7l stage- does anyone have these and can shed some light?
    I've got a BCD with one of them but have only ever tried it on a 12l tall which does the job admirably.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonPM View Post
    Bit of a mystery this one - just came apart lifting my rig out of my dive bag. Could be a rare dud or perhaps repetitive temp switching from being stored in a warm room to diving sub 4 degs or me not being patient enough with new webbing - but was never too tight on the cylinder.
    Sometimes, they just get weakened and break. I snapped one tightening the band on my cylinder whilst setting up for dive #1 in Cocos. Your breakage situation is rather odd though!
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by witchieblackcat View Post
    I've got a BCD with one of them but have only ever tried it on a 12l tall which does the job admirably.
    Just tried the ScubaPro on an ali 7l.
    No chance of it fitting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12