Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Technically, yes, but I can't see a school photographer from years ago chasing you for sharing your 1980s school photos.

My kids' individual school photos come as digital downloads, which the licence pretty much says you can do what you want with (share, print many copies). The year group ones are only available as prints (tyrs to avoid one parent buying it and emailing it to all the others).
    That is the way most school photographers do it because they know the photo's will be shared & copied. Most choose to accept the money for the digital only (with rights signed away) as chasing every copyright breach would be near impossible.

Any time you use a photo that someone else has taken without getting their express permission (apart from a few uses that come under fair usage or derived works), you are committing a copyright infringement.

Most people don't know the law or are not bothered about enforcing it but it is a different proposal for a professional photographer.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Technically, yes, but I can't see a school photographer from years ago chasing you for sharing your 1980s school photos.

My kids' individual school photos come as digital downloads, which the licence pretty much says you can do what you want with (share, print many copies). The year group ones are only available as prints (tyrs to avoid one parent buying it and emailing it to all the others).
    Well now, the photo's I want to use are from the 80's and 90's which is why I don't know who took them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12