X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Denny
    Established TDF Member
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by JonG
    No worries saw you crop up on UKMC. Let me know if you need a buddy nearer the time.

It might be worth considering a return visit to AL tho, there is much more mainline to follow in shallow and deep, HB needs jumps to see all of it.
    Thanks. That is useful advice. We had a wander around cambrian to look at the dive bases there too - so there are more potential mainline 'choices' up there without in water 'decisions' / jumps I guess?

No rush of course - i would be keen to do all of them again in time. And back to Dinas where I have been with Martyn Farr but never yet made it back!

Comment

• JonG
      Established TDF Member
      • Apr 2017

Aber Las has circa 600m if mainline in the shallow and around 300m in the deep, navigationally I would say it's easier than Cambrian due to its layout and also the lack of tees, every change of adit is a jump so requires a bit more effort than just following a different line at a tee.

I haven't built up the bottle to go back to Cambrian since our course it felt altogether more committing in terms of depth, layout, line quality viz etc.

I'm building confidence in Aber Las first before a return trip. Happy to arrange something at AL though on the meantime.

Comment

Working...