Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unwanted folders.

I have W10 and microsoft puts picture folders in "My Picture." For example one is called camera roll another is saved pictures.
    No matter how many times I delete these they keep appearing. Is there any way of getting rid of them?
    TIA
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does it put anything in them? Do you sych Win10 computer with an Android device? I run Win 10 and an Android phone and sometimes odd files appear on the phone but not like you describe. I do all picture file work in Lightroom and try to discourage Windows from doing anything.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't know - all I know is they do seem to have made an 'upgrade' in the last few days that wants to re-arrange all my recent pictures differently to how I want the images stored on the computer. I just wish they'd let the end user manage the computer how we want it rather than how MS wants it storing (or is that so they can help themselves to the end users stuff >easily<?).
    About the only good thing is I can see the images I've taken 'Raw' today without having to open Adobe... Not been able to do that on Win10 unlike on XP.

Which is the better way to go - Apple or Linux?

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    <shrug>
    All seems to work for me.
    I just avoid the Pictures and Videos built in folders and put stuff where I want.
    I have those folders but they are all empty.
    No changes with the latest 'upgrades'.
    Are you using some software that tries to use MS defaults?
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I have W10 and microsoft puts picture folders in "My Picture." For example one is called camera roll another is saved pictures.
    No matter how many times I delete these they keep appearing. Is there any way of getting rid of them?
    TIA
    Camera roll is the default folder for the "camera" app.

Not sure if that app is one that can be unistalled. The reason it keeps coming back is the app puts it there on every startup.

My pictures is inherently built into Windows and has been for many years, I can't actually recall a version that didn't have it!!!
    Lots of other programs and apps use the default folders automatically ( pictures, music and documents)
    I have never needed to get rid of it! Why do you want to?
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Does it put anything in them? Do you sych Win10 computer with an Android device? I run Win 10 and an Android phone and sometimes odd files appear on the phone but not like you describe. I do all picture file work in Lightroom and try to discourage Windows from doing anything.
    No and no.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    <shrug>
    All seems to work for me.
    I just avoid the Pictures and Videos built in folders and put stuff where I want.
    I have those folders but they are all empty.
    No changes with the latest 'upgrades'.
    Are you using some software that tries to use MS defaults?
    That's what I do so I would like to get rid of them.
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    Camera roll is the default folder for the "camera" app.

Not sure if that app is one that can be unistalled. The reason it keeps coming back is the app puts it there on every startup.

My pictures is inherently built into Windows and has been for many years, I can't actually recall a version that didn't have it!!!
    Lots of other programs and apps use the default folders automatically ( pictures, music and documents)
    I have never needed to get rid of it! Why do you want to?
    It just annoys me that they will not go away.
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Evans View Post
    That site wants me to close down ad-blockers and allow also tracking. Not for me thanks.
    Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast