Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Watford racers - makes me feel like a tortoise in comparison

Hauling twinsets up Dinas is a real faff! It's a steep hill which leaves you (I mean me) literally gasping for air. Will do it for one day, but it's too much (for me) to do two days. Really need to find some locals that would do an hour's carrying for a fee! What's Welsh for Sherpa?!? (I guess it's Sherpa!)

Sidemount can be a lot easier to haul around than a twinset, but generally it's in a bag on your back. At least you can do one tin at a time if you're really knackered or it's a hard climb.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Probably sherllllyyyyypawwwyyyynnnplll

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    I was the callout for another pair diving Dinas yesterday.

Always up for a dive. Only problem is climbing Dinas Mountain! If only we could have a cylinder drone delivery service:-)

Really want to do a weekend of Cambrian (with bottom stage) and Aber Las.
    Quad bike

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
    Quad bike
    I wish

Alas I doubt even a packhorse couldn't make it up and down that path.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    The Watford racers - makes me feel like a tortoise in comparison

Hauling twinsets up Dinas is a real faff! It's a steep hill which leaves you (I mean me) literally gasping for air. Will do it for one day, but it's too much (for me) to do two days. Really need to find some locals that would do an hour's carrying for a fee! What's Welsh for Sherpa?!? (I guess it's Sherpa!)

Sidemount can be a lot easier to haul around than a twinset, but generally it's in a bag on your back. At least you can do one tin at a time if you're really knackered or it's a hard climb.
    I have been up to Dinas in a GUE configured rebreather. Two trips up and one down. At the end of the day cave diving bores me and especially mine diving so doubt I'd do it again other than for a nice walk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    I have been up to Dinas in a GUE configured rebreather. Two trips up and one down. At the end of the day cave diving bores me and especially mine diving so doubt I'd do it again other than for a nice walk
    Which is where the sea comes in. Cave & mine diving's great for the winter adjournment, but I'm soooo looking forwards to the next three weekend's sea diving trips; almost excited about it!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thinking about this in context of a RB, provided any of the tees weren't longer than the furthest point of penetration the reverse would be true, u am thinking.

Assuming bailout gets you to deco bottles or there is a minimal or nil deco obligation.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When we did some T's and jumps in Mexico we didn't realy have any idea how many or how long they would take on getting in the water. SO the clock and reserves dictated our dive, not the other way around.

As with all my diveing now and for many years past, the only figures I am ever interested in are the TTS (Time to Surface) so I calculate my bailout and reserves on a max TTS number and thats it job done, regardless if its a main lime swim in and out, or a dive with 10 jumps, when I hit that TTS number its time to go. But that only works if the profile doesent include any reverse depth stuff on the way out.

I would have thought if that were the case, you would need a prior knowledge of the cave (maps etc) or build up dives to obtain knowledge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12