Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Why use adwords at all? Just make sure the content's relevant, useful and poignant. Google's raison-d'etre is to put proper results in front of people.

Throughout my career I've despised SEO people as they steal money from the website developers to do all sorts of cons which Google's well aware of. It's not rocket science.
    A badly formatted web site is never going to rank well, regardless of how relevant, useful and poignant it is.

SEO defines the rules that should be applied when designing the site, e.g using H1, H2, H3 tags sensibly, putting ALT text entries on Images, modifying snippets to make them more relevant and readable within search results, ensuring the bots know how to crawl your site etc

It's not rocket science, a bit of effort can make a lot of difference. However some (not all) that sell the service try and exploit the rules, to get a quick fix on ranking... that goes against the ethos of the search engines, they're employing more and more rules to catch and penalise sites that employ that sort of approach.

That's a long way of saying, don't despise or ignore SEO, it's a very valid part of web design.... just be wary of the people trying to persuade that they have some magic method that nobody else knows
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Agree with all of that.

Had too many of those SEO scumbags pushing BS into the heads of the client and taking budget away from the real project. Latterly they're soshal meeeja experts with on-trend BS ideas. For example when selling something, make it as simple as possible. Don't add all this twattergram crap or massive vapid "hero" banners. Or in the words of Bob Geldof: give us your fecking money.

Also hate the sidelining of accessibility, the rise of massive javascript sites, and how slow and bloated sites are getting these days.

Bah bloody humbug.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ooh ooh, another one!
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12