Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    people scissor kicking at strange angles wearing BCDs with hoses all over the place.
    The UK certainly isn't immune to this either!!

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just to follow up on this thread, I have just come back from a trip to Malta and used the Varilux Micro on several wreck dives (with some great swim throughs) and on a night dive.

It performed really well, and was more than bright enough for everything I did on the trip.

The only issue with it is that there is no way to lock the torch in an off position, a little catch that holds the slider in place would make this even better.

I also took a cheap Chinese torch that I got from eBay a few years ago (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0161JM9D4), and it was about the same brightness underwater, but has a narrower hot spot, and the ring control was more of a pain (turn the wrong way and it is flashing away rather than just turning on).

It also suffers from the same issue with not being able to lock the torch in to an off mode so it can be knocked on in a pocket/bag etc.

With both when transporting them it is best to turn the battery around in the body of the torch (or just take it out completely).

Edited to add:

Both were nearly as bright as the Greenforce Umbilical torch that the dive guide used on the night dive, unfortunately I don't know what head was on it as he had to borrow it due to the battery not charging in his normal torch.
    Last edited by barnaby_s; 02-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123