X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bri30
    New TDF Member
    • Nov 2018

Prism 2 training

Is there any prism RB instructors in north of England?
    Not much coming up on google.

Cheers
  • jamesp
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Is the Prisim CE marked?

That would put a boot in.

When I looked at them(about 18 years ago), instruction was US based.

Comment

• Swifty
      TDF Member
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Bri30
      Is there any prism RB instructors in north of England?
      Not much coming up on google.

Cheers
      The last update i could see was they were looking to get CE certified by the end of Feb 2019, so until then you wont be able to get certified on it in the UK.

Even then i don't think there are any UK instructors (although i could be wrong on that)

Looking on there website at there dealer portal there is no where in the Europe listed.

Are you looking at getting a Prism 2, or do have you bought one and looking for training?

Comment

• Bri30
        New TDF Member
        • Nov 2018

Considering buying one but it won't be CE.
        Just looking into logistics to get certified.
        I have a uk lead to chase up but not sure where the training would take place.
        I'll report back once I find out more.

Comment

• PhilPage
          Established TDF Member
          • May 2014

Hollis UK just went pop - if you don't have the unit yet, you might want to consider going with a different unit you can get UK support for...

Comment

• Swifty
            TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by PhilPage
            Hollis UK just went pop - if you don't have the unit yet, you might want to consider going with a different unit you can get UK support for...
            I'd second this, there are lots of RB's with better support in the UK that I'd look at before the Prism.

The disadvantage of the prism in this country is there isn't many (if any) active divers, so just begging and borrowing spares if needed would be harder.

Comment

• Bri30
              New TDF Member
              • Nov 2018

Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't bought one yet, just looking at possibilities.

Training is available in UK with "Blue Ocean Diving"

Cheers
              Brian

Comment

• Swifty
                TDF Member
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Bri30
                Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't bought one yet, just looking at possibilities.

Training is available in UK with "Blue Ocean Diving"

Cheers
                Brian
                Having a look on there website, there training is via the PADI CCR courses, so quite limited and I'm not sure how they will run the training seeing as the instructor wont be on the same unit, as they wont be able to dive one "at work" in the uk.

I saw a prism 2 on ebay for 2.2k, so unless you are getting it for quite a bit less id look at something like a second hand vision, you can pick them up for 2.5kish, get training in the uk with a larger selection of instructors, and also spares are easy to get hold of and if you realy need to you can get it served by AP in the uk. (only using the Vision as there around the same ballpark, looking around online you can pick something up for 2.5-3kish)

And if one your into it and want a different RB you can sell it for what you paid for it, and pick a different RB.

Unless there is a specific reason you want a prism2 other than you can get one for cheep, id look at other units.

Comment

Working...