Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Red Hot Totty ;) Hot Totty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland ;)
    Posts
    3,911
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    1645
    Sentinel, red head/red bare all pass exhaust gas into the stack which heats the air and returns to be breathed via the gap between stack n case effectively insulating the stack with warm gas.
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

  2. #12
    New TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    warmer is probably not better for your cells.
    How so ? They have temperate compensation circuits

  3. #13
    New TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Totty View Post
    Sentinel, red head/red bare all pass exhaust gas into the stack which heats the air and returns to be breathed via the gap between stack n case effectively insulating the stack with warm gas.
    Your breathing goo (seems to differ from person to person) and any water from loose lips then also passes through the scrubber....

  4. #14
    TDF Member bletso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisville KY USA
    Posts
    40
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    15
    I made a neoprene cover for my Modified CCR Dolphin scrubber for diving cold water. (<6-7C) It helped with dive duration by cutting down some heat losses especially with He mixes.
    An independent diver

  5. #15
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Glossop
    Posts
    830
    Likes (Given)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by bletso View Post
    I made a neoprene cover for my Modified CCR Dolphin scrubber for diving cold water. (<6-7C) It helped with dive duration by cutting down some heat losses especially with He mixes.
    Was this in relation to diver comfort, or scrubber duration?

  6. #16
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,355
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg-mollester View Post
    How so ? They have temperate compensation circuits
    There is only so much it can compensate. Thereís a reason why new CE has a temperature requirement

  7. #17
    TDF Member bletso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisville KY USA
    Posts
    40
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Dive comfort I hate being cold and breathing a bit warmer gas extends comfortable bottom time
    An independent diver

  8. #18
    Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,112
    Likes (Given)
    50
    Likes (Received)
    349
    I run 6 hour dives in 10 degree water relatively regularly on the KISS.

    Average depths of about -70 before the deco.

    No worries.

    I know a lot of people doing this kind of diving on a KISS and nobody uses a neoprene cover.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Glossop
    Posts
    830
    Likes (Given)
    287
    Likes (Received)
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest View Post
    I run 6 hour dives in 10 degree water relatively regularly on the KISS.

    Average depths of about -70 before the deco.

    No worries.

    I know a lot of people doing this kind of diving on a KISS and nobody uses a neoprene cover.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Ash, i am more thinking around diver comfort as per bletso, if you can get the kit to work as effectively an on board heater by retaining more temperature in the stack and improve the quality of the chemical process it seems worth a try.

    It's also mainly for the sub-10 dives that I do over the winter and for the mines once my OH course is sorted.

  10. #20
    Established TDF Member OutOfTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,112
    Likes (Given)
    50
    Likes (Received)
    349
    Ahh I also do 3-4 hour dives sub 10 degrees....itís fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •