Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    That's next on the list but highly unlikely for all to fail at the same time I would have thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If all different batches/manufacturers/dates then agreed. What dates are they?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would o2 toxicity cause a headache?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    If all different batches/manufacturers/dates then agreed. What dates are they?
    They are all from the same batch, I've never had a cell failure so I have always just bought new when they expire. At the moment I am due to replace all 3 at the end of April. Will put them in the cell checker tonight but I'm not expecting it to show anything in all honesty.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    you're running 1.3 @ 18m which, unless I'm losing it, is equivalent to doing a couple of short dives to 18m on 46% O2 or a couple of air dives to 9m with a 2h surface interval.

I suspect you're fairly unlikely to be bent.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They are all from the same batch, I've never had a cell failure so I have always just bought new when they expire. At the moment I am due to replace all 3 at the end of April. Will put them in the cell checker tonight but I'm not expecting it to show anything in all honesty.
    Definitely worth checking. I used to be the same, but I moved to 4 monthly swaps following the advice here:

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...en_sensors.pdf

Also see this which explains (in my opinion) why cell checkers are not so useful...

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...te-picture.pdf

I also doubt this is related to high-PO2. But any issue whilst diving is more likely to be a diving issue than not in my experience....

Matt.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    you're running 1.3 @ 18m which, unless I'm losing it, is equivalent to doing a couple of short dives to 18m on 46% O2 or a couple of air dives to 9m with a 2h surface interval.

I suspect you're fairly unlikely to be bent.
    Glad it's not just me that thinks that!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad it's not just me that thinks that!
    I might be talking completely bollocks but:
    I thought that the bubbles (my guess is that there will be some even diving to these restrictions in PP and depth) that would have been directed to the lungs and stuck there to be diffused slowly until the bubbles were too small to exist, would instead pass through the PFO to be redirected anywhere and would create either a blockage or in that case could press on an optical nerve or something. That's a bent right?
    I would definitively talk too a dive doctor.

I do suffer visual migraines (the exact disturbance that you describes followed by a terrible migraine for 30minutes). In my case they stopped when I stopped drinking coffee

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Definitely worth checking. I used to be the same, but I moved to 4 monthly swaps following the advice here:

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...en_sensors.pdf

Also see this which explains (in my opinion) why cell checkers are not so useful...

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/wp-c...te-picture.pdf

I also doubt this is related to high-PO2. But any issue whilst diving is more likely to be a diving issue than not in my experience....

Matt.
    Results are in and........

The cells are linear so it wasn't too much o2. Going diving on Saturday so I'll see if it happens again.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by uncertainplume View Post
    I might be talking completely bollocks but:
    I thought that the bubbles (my guess is that there will be some even diving to these restrictions in PP and depth) that would have been directed to the lungs and stuck there to be diffused slowly until the bubbles were too small to exist, would instead pass through the PFO to be redirected anywhere and would create either a blockage or in that case could press on an optical nerve or something. That's a bent right?
    I would definitively talk too a dive doctor.

I do suffer visual migraines (the exact disturbance that you describes followed by a terrible migraine for 30minutes). In my case they stopped when I stopped drinking coffee
    I think your logic is sound but only if you have absorbed enough gas for a bubble to form in the first place. Remember this was a no deco dive (a VERY no deco dive) as such direct ascent to the surface like a missile should have been possible without adverse effects (well deco related effects anyway). That's why I ruled out bend so early on, I guess there is an argument that it could be if I was approaching the no deco / deco limit since the model would assume a certain ascent rate and thus some off gassing when moving up through the water column, if I had a PFO this off-gassing may not happen. But because I was soo far away from deco on this dive I can't understand how it could be bend related even if I do have a PFO.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The issue with a PFO is that you may not have off gassed everything from the first dive and there were a few saw teeth in it that may have created some silent bubbles, at relatively shallow depths where pressure change is greater.

Many of the so called unearned DCS hits in the recreational community inside recommended NDL's are attributable to PFO's, where theoretically only very low levels of bubbling should/will have occurred.

Another explanation could be that you simply had a migraine under water, which I think Mark has also had, resulting in blown off deco. Its the aura then which would suggest a possible PFO even if you didn't get bent.

The worry for me even now, is that given that I dived from the age of 5 on and off to the age 28 with a PFO, there may be lesions and latent damage that I won't know about until they manifest at some point sooner or later and usually they are on the important grey squashy bits.

As an aside I bent a shoulder by maintaining very poor control on stops, giving me a saw tooth in the last 10m in a chop, admittedly this was after a 2nd deco dive of the day though.

Were you at Dorothea BTW, in which case the hill could have played apart, in between dives?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast