Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Film Reviews 2019

Birdbox .... WTAF?!
    JJ wanker

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Birdbox .... WTAF?!
    A quote from a critic.
    "You don’t appreciate the art of a good genre contrivance until you see one pulled off poorly."
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought it was rubbish but I was watching it with a blindfold fitted, just in case.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Aquaman - OMFG, Worst. Film. Ever. 1/10 and that's just for the tiny percentage of accurate marine life.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    - Await Further Instructions
    - The Predator

Good start to 2019. Possibly the two worst films I've ever seen. I describe most films as the worst film I've ever seen, so it isn't too much of an accolade. At least I knew that The Predator was going to be bad, but Await Further Instructions was a real disappointment.

Like a real diver but smaller apparently purple vonny's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Swimming With Men - OK it's 2018 not 2019 - stumbled across this on Netflix and loved it. Rob Brydon is a stressed super-accountant and discovers a bunch of mis-fits who meet weekly to do synchronised swimming at his local pool. OK - it's a bit predictable but it's a lovely feel good film with a great musical sound track. Worth a watch if you like low budget British films with a few laughs. Stick with it for the first 20 minutes.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by purple vonny View Post
    Swimming With Men - OK it's 2018 not 2019 - stumbled across this on Netflix and loved it. Rob Brydon is a stressed super-accountant and discovers a bunch of mis-fits who meet weekly to do synchronised swimming at his local pool. OK - it's a bit predictable but it's a lovely feel good film with a great musical sound track. Worth a watch if you like low budget British films with a few laughs. Stick with it for the first 20 minutes.
    It may be a sex-linked marmite job - SWMBO thought it was brilliant and laughed her socks off - I thought it was meh and I got most enjoyment out of spotting the locations (as it was all filmed on location in Sarf Lunnon - the council chambers at the end are Wandsworth Town Hall, the pool for the "international" competition is in Dulwich etc.)

Like a real diver but smaller apparently purple vonny's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Upside.
    Ex con gets a job he doesn't really want looking after a quadriplegic - based on a true story . I loved it. Laughed, cried, cheered, loved the soundtrack and the actors. Very well acted and rather "feel good" movie. A bit predictable but enjoyable never the less.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    'Unbreakable' and 'Split' - Ok, neither of these are new, but I hadn't seen either and we were going to watch 'Glass'. Unbreakable was a strange, low key, mumbley sort of thing, but I did not see the twist at the end coming at all, even though Rob pointed out I'd just seen them in the loony bin in the trailer for Glass. 6/10 just for the twist. Split was a low rent version of Saw - everything was spelled out in very big letters all the way through and I kept getting told off for shouting at the gormless victims. No twist, so 4/10.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by purple vonny View Post
    The Upside.
    Ex con gets a job he doesn't really want looking after a quadriplegic - based on a true story . I loved it. Laughed, cried, cheered, loved the soundtrack and the actors. Very well acted and rather "feel good" movie. A bit predictable but enjoyable never the less.
    Seen the French version and enjoyed that also .
    None diver as of 2018.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast