Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And , of course, we're still waiting for this one to hit the market.

I like the wall bracket.

(hmmm, note to self: must get new grips for the m'cycle)
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't forget the "Extra Breath" snorkel that lets you take an extra breath with you.

Or the Scorkl (that looks like a SpareAir with a bike pump to recharge it)

Of any of the other dozens of kickstarter/indiegogo projects with photoshopped pictures and fake video that will take your money.

Or Rulof Maker's DIY arm mounted effort:
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednadnerb View Post
    Thanks all, some valuable information there.
    This is something that I hope I would not often have to do, preferably never. Typically I would need to do it after having snagged a lobster pot on the prop.
    The boat is a 27ft sailing boat with a saildrive prop meaning the prop is under the boat and not at the back of it, so a snorkel is no use, it is goggles on and hold your breath and dive, if you can't do that then it is a call to the coastguard.
    Storage space is always at a premium so the idea of carrying bulky kit that might never be needed doesn't appeal, let alone paying for it.
    I don't know how long I can hold my breath for, maybe a minute, if a 3 litre bottle at 3 bar can give me another minute then that is a lot, it doubles my time down there.
    So I am still wondering, will a divers regulator work at 3 bar? or will it just let the air hiss out?
    I seem to be a serial snagger of lobster pots, especially when some tosser leaves 30m of line floating on the surface, and it's hard enough diving under a boat hooked on a rope with proper diving gear, your idea is simply bonkers.

if you've slapped it in neutral and just hooked the rope on a prop blade or rudder its usually pretty easy to clear with a long boat hook and a mask and snorkel, if you need to cut it tape a knife to the boat hook and reach under the boat with that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd recommend a pony bottle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345