Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

where to start to book an egypt trip ?

so ......

its been a long time since i went to Egypt - 10 years I think

back then, I flew direct into Sharm, and I stayed at numerous places and dived with Ocean College and Emperor

there were often last minute deals etc

I get the impression things have changed somewhat

and I know I can't fly direct into Sharm any more from the UK

so ....

where does one start these days in booking some nice easy diving in Egypt in February from the UK ?

any recommendations for the best way to set about it these days ?

package deal ? flights and accomodoation and diving separate ?

I'm based in Bristol and expecting I probably need to get to (eek) Gatwick

buddy needs a gluten free diet if that makes any difference (just in case someone has already done the research / had experience)

buddy is also only a new PADI OW, so we need to take depth into account too in terms of sites

keen to get a lot of dives in

cheers

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Have look here: https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...ty-Middle-East you may find something of interest to help you. I enjoyed my trip to El Gouna with my non diving bruv.

You may find the Red Sea a little windy during Feb.

Have a good trip.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    so ......

its been a long time since i went to Egypt - 10 years I think

back then, I flew direct into Sharm, and I stayed at numerous places and dived with Ocean College and Emperor

there were often last minute deals etc

I get the impression things have changed somewhat

and I know I can't fly direct into Sharm any more from the UK

so ....

where does one start these days in booking some nice easy diving in Egypt in February from the UK ?

any recommendations for the best way to set about it these days ?

package deal ? flights and accomodoation and diving separate ?

I'm based in Bristol and expecting I probably need to get to (eek) Gatwick

buddy needs a gluten free diet if that makes any difference (just in case someone has already done the research / had experience)

buddy is also only a new PADI OW, so we need to take depth into account too in terms of sites

keen to get a lot of dives in

cheers
    Last time I went with my gluten and lactose intolerant buddy we used Oonas divers. They translated my buddies needs into Arabic and sent it to the boat (MV Juliet) The cook looked after her really well.
    All else about the trip was good as well.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    BRS flights to HRG Monday and Thursday. Depends if you want a house reef or day boat diving? Day boat diving = El Gouna or Hurghada. House reef I would recommend Coral Garden (Safaga) or Roots Red Sea (El Quseir). However, if you wanted to venture further south (Marsa or Hamata for example) then you would be best to fly into RMF, which means flights from LGW. PM me if you have any questions about these resorts.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Red Sea Diving Safari may be worth a look. You can choose accommodation between tents or chalets of various styles and you get unlimited shore diving at Marsa Shagra and Marsa Nakari so can choose your own dive profiles on the house reefs and also do excursions to other spots. Oonas can book as a package for you with flights and transfers and they can cater for dietary requirements. http://www.oonasdivers.com/region-eg...s/marsa-shagra
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    thanks all - i thought I'd been in Feb, but looking back at logs it seems mid March is earliest I'd been and Feb might be a bit chilly for my cold blooded buddy .... hmmm.....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I did Sharm in Feb a long time ago. I was in 5mm shortie and was fine. I was aclimatised to 55 degs too so would have felt the cold if it was cold. I do remember it being a bit breezy but it was fine.
    JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I did Sharm in Feb a long time ago. I was in 5mm shortie and was fine. I was aclimatised to 55 degs too so would have felt the cold if it was cold. I do remember it being a bit breezy but it was fine.
    buddy was getting chilly towards the end of dive 2 in 23-4 deg water in Mallorca in October - I think she is basically a lizard ! looking back ay my logs I was getting 21-2 deg in Red Sea in March so expecting 19-20 ish in Feb

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    buddy was getting chilly towards the end of dive 2 in 23-4 deg water in Mallorca in October - I think she is basically a lizard ! looking back ay my logs I was getting 21-2 deg in Red Sea in March so expecting 19-20 ish in Feb
    Yeah, I would be in a drysuit nowadays in Egypt in Feb I think. Previously dived at that time of year in layers of wetsuit but def more comfortable in a drysuit!!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member Georgina's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I am living in El Gouna since 2004 if you have any questions. I do not work so have nothing to sell you

My December snaps of life in a very Christmasy town: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=130e1bad22
    ..........o ><)))*>
    .......O o
    . ><)))*>...o
    Georgina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast