Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hurghada dive centres and something else?

Hi folks,

My niece and her boyfriend are going to Hurghada in March and want to do a try dive and possibly OW. Does anyone have recommendations for dive centres or places to avoid? Have to admit I’m more nervous about my baby niece (she’s 24 ) diving than I was when I learned, so really want them to be well looked after. Stacey’s done a couple of pool sessions with us and is a natural underwater but Derek’s never dived at all.

Also her boyfriend plans to propose, if he can wait until then, lol. Is there anywhere particularly romantic/special for them? It will be a surprise for Stacey.

They’re staying in the very far North End of Hurghada at Sea Star Beau Rivage.

Thanks in advance, xxx.

Established TDF Member thetrickster's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi,

Last time I was out in Hurghada I did a couple of dives with DivePoint. German outfit, very well run and lovely dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    See where Orca are close to you. German operation. Very professional.

I belive Divers Lodge are still going and still have thier day boat "Tiny" first RB dive I ever did was with them. Again highly recommended.

Sent from a Japanese phone, not that yanky apple shit. 😉
    “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have you ever come across a guy called Mitch Bergsma on youtube that does GoPro stuff?

He organised a dive with his girlfriend such that they found a small treasure chest with an engagement ring inside ...

https://youtu.be/BrlgheG-8TQ

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I used New Son Bijou when I went to Hurghada. http://www.bijoudiving.com/ViewPage.aspx?PageID=1
    Ahmed is a lovely guy and I'd use them again in the unlikely event that I go back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Established TDF Member Georgina's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Is there a diving center at the hotel? I found this website: https://seastarbeaurivage.business.site/

Or maybe at one of the nearby big hotels? Hurghada stretches for such a long way south, it would be good to get a reputable diving center nearby.

Love the idea about a treasure chest with a ring. If she could cope with that being underwater for the first time?

Or a trip into the desert to propose?

Or Orange Bay? I haven't been there. I think it is part of Mahmeya Island which is a regular trip from Hurghada, though different types of trips. I think there are a lot of weddings at Orange Bay so it looks romantic.
    https://www.facebook.com/orange.bay.hurghada/

I live 25 km north in El Gouna.
    ..........o ><)))*>
    .......O o
    . ><)))*>...o
    Georgina