Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    In a nutshell, your spot on, none of the current breed of RBs are 100% safe !

And if it makes you chuckle, and brightens up your day, I just bought er indoors a Volvo !
    And if I had a for every time in the early years that the Mk6 failed its pre dive checks, I would be writing this from my Caribbean branch, not me Cardiff one, couple that with a for every promise that Posiedon make, I would be minted

Re two deaths, for what its worth, the woodentop experts reckon the result of this one was human error.............

http://mkvi.poseidon.com/downloads/A...10-05-31-1.pdf

It makes you wonder if some users might be killed crossing the road. You even need a licence to fish !

To the best of my knowladge ALL CCR deaths were either human error or pre existing medical condition, reguardless of which unit they were on.

My only point is, if your going to make a system fully automated and remove all human input, it has to be very very reliable.

ABS springs to mind as a very reliable system which makes us all drive far too fast in the wet.

Traction control makes me floor the throttle with wild abandon on my 2012 BMW M Sport where as id be taking the same corner like a granny on valium in my 1994 MR2 Turbo (which I prefer driving )

If my ABS or traction control failed unexpectedly on the BMW I would undoubtably crash as I have put too much reliance on them.

My ABS on the Jeep Cherokee I had in 1996 was rubbish. Id never trust it to work properly. Rust on he sensor wheel would cause the car to keep on roling long after the breaks should have stoped it.

But these days the ABS systems all seem to be very reliable so i put my faith in them and relax when driving a modern car.

Not so with CCR. The "safety systems" on modern CCR are still in the 1996 Jeep bracket of crap

I have to admit the Sheerwater electronics package seems very impressive in terms of its reliabuility, but 02 cell technolagy is still the week link in the chain.

For me when diving an automated system I feel like I actualy have to put greater effort into checking the automation is working corectly than i do just flying a manual unit. Often its quite hard to work arround the automatied systems in order to do the proper manual checks.

ATB

Mark

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Morning Mark,

You were up early, or, in late

To the best of my knowladge ALL CCR deaths were either human error or pre existing medical condition, reguardless of which unit they were on.
    It's certainly looking that way, but only for those that have been recovered, remember that not all have been investigated because they were never found, so personally I keep an open mind on that ALL CCR deaths were human error stuff until proven otherwise.

I think your ABS analogy is a reasonable view and a good example, but you could also use it both ways.

If, and its a big if, all deaths on CCR are human error, might it not be argued that by removing the human input, you reduce the Deaths. I am firmly of the view though that all we can do is reduce, not remove !

Your ABS analogy shows that second and third generation ABS units from say Bosch, are better than the first generation ABS systems, and likewise it could be said by some that for instance the Vision software is better than the Classic version, just evolution. Not perfected, but getting there ?
    Mind you, your right, its gone the other way with cells !

Jeep, Ha, Jeep, you bought that on yourself, a f**king Jeep, I knew someone must have bought one Ha

For me when diving an automated system I feel like I actually have to put greater effort into checking the automation is working correctly than i do just flying a manual unit. Often its quite hard to work around the automated systems in order to do the proper manual checks.
    Again, a valid point, but I would argue that there is nothing wrong with say a unit doing it's own positive pressure test, and that an automated test that you watch as opposed to do, is no less safe than doing it manually ?.

I don't think we will ever remove the incidents caused by people swimming round ignoring warnings or alarms, no bail out etc etc they are just Darwins way !

Cheers

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If only we could help Darwin, sometimes the bubbles should stop. Had a woman ignore, interrupt the dive breifing, just blow off everything being said, because she had 20 yrs experience, what a waste of her time, blah blah. She jumped in, oh yeah, didnt turn her air on. Yet we had, ok mayb not had to, but fish her out before she drowned. SOMETIMES THE BUBBLES SHOULD STOP . IMHO. Yea i know, wrong attitude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345