X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BcDiver
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

Lightweight travel drysuit

I'm interested in getting myself one of the above that I can take with me if I'm going abroad and a drysuit would be more suitable/comfortable than a wetsuit. I've looked at a few threads that touch on this and mentioned the HDS lite 100 and ive also been having a look at the ones from robin hood. I dont want to pay silly money for one and like the look of some of the robin hood ones but was wondering if anyone has experience of these particular models or any other ones that would fit the bill? It doesn't necessarily have to be super light and as I like squeezing through wrecks I'd like one thats fairly hard wearing!
    Cheers
  • timmyg
    Gobbie squaddie, average diver
    • Dec 2012

Otter Britannia Travellite. Hard wearing but it's not cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Comment

• BcDiver
      TDF Member
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by timmyg
      Otter Britannia Travellite. Hard wearing but it's not cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Think that falls into the silly money bracket 😕

Comment

• gobfish1
        Last of the Mohicans
        • Jan 2013

I got my self a 2nd hand roho of eBay cost 100 quid packs a way nice and small drys In 15mins .
        Very happy with it . also not to bad as a back up suit to my UK set up
        None diver as of 2018.

Comment

• BcDiver
          TDF Member
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by gobfish1
          I got my self a 2nd hand roho of eBay cost 100 quid packs a way nice and small drys In 15mins .
          Very happy with it . also not to bad as a back up suit to my UK set up
          Which suit is it? I was looking at their range and wondering if there's much weight difference between the commercial suit and the "flex" range? Am keeping an eye on eBay but nothing so far that would do the job.

Comment

• Moleshome
            TDF Member
            • Jun 2017

I may have dreamt it but I thought O'three were selling a travel drysuit at the Dive Show. I can't see it on the website though.

Comment

• Tel
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

Otter Hammerhead.

It's a light basic membrane entry level suit from Otter and as such they come up all the time s/hand for
              around £100 odd. Usually has no pockets, no warm neck etc. no second flap over the zip and tends
              to have non thermal boots. All this making it lighter, but still bloody tough

Comment

• thetrickster
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Moleshome
                I may have dreamt it but I thought O'three were selling a travel drysuit at the Dive Show. I can't see it on the website though.
                To add fuel to the fire on this...

You can no longer (well I couldn't yesterday) buy the Ri1-100 suit, they offered me a Ri2-100 instead, due to them releasing a new suit soon, so they said. Was asking for a ML size, so not exactly an odd size either.

I've just ordered a Santi E.Motion+ for travel purposes - 3.9kg.

Comment

• gobfish1
                  Last of the Mohicans
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by BcDiver
                  Which suit is it? I was looking at their range and wondering if there's much weight difference between the commercial suit and the "flex" range? Am keeping an eye on eBay but nothing so far that would do the job.
                  Hi. . its almost the same as the one Tell. has posted its weight is about the same as my 3/5mm wet suit and packs away a bit smaller

PS has a cuff dump put it works OK once used to it

For travel I'd be looking for small pack size low weight and fast drying as I often dive the same day as I fly home lol.
                  Last edited by gobfish1; 27-11-2018, 01:06 PM.
                  None diver as of 2018.

Comment

• Moleshome
                    TDF Member
                    • Jun 2017

And they were going for £1,395 if memory serves correctly.

Comment

• NWdiver
                      TDF Member
                      • Oct 2015

I don't know what qualifies as light weight or a travel suit... However, in comparison to My Otter Britannic, my old Seaskin is super thin and light. Wouldn't be too difficult to travel with at all.

It's a piece of shit... but light

Comment

• colinicky
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

The new Othree suit is membrane & is called the "Ninety 90". Comes as standard with quick change neck seal & wrist seals & Kubi dry gloves. You can use latex, neoprene or silicone seals on neck or wrist . Front entry with zip going from right shoulder to left hip. NOT telescopic but to be honest I have restricted movement in my back & shoulders & have no issues getting into it.
                        You can have double thickness padding on the knees if you tend to kneel on platforms a lot while training. I have moved from my Ri2/100 to it & so far (3 dives) I love it & have a lot more movement.
                        I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• Vanny
                          Gone diving back later
                          • Jan 2013

You must’ve got in very early on that O3 suit , not on their website yet. Is it aimed at travel or another uk type suit?

Comment

• BcDiver
                            TDF Member
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by NWdiver
                            I don't know what qualifies as light weight or a travel suit... However, in comparison to My Otter Britannic, my old Seaskin is super thin and light. Wouldn't be too difficult to travel with at all.

It's a piece of shit... but light
                            Hahaha! Every cloud has a silver lining!

Comment

• colinicky
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vanny
                              You must’ve got in very early on that O3 suit , not on their website yet. Is it aimed at travel or another uk type suit?
                              My suit has the heavy duty boots on it & with the 7mm hood weighs 5kg. So not the lightest but still good for travel. IMHO

Othree were hoping that they would have it ready for me for a week long dive trip that started the weekend of the dive show but they ran out of time. They have always looked after me very well. I was the guinea pig for the first dry gloves permanently fitted to an Othree suit which are still going strong about 9 years on.
                              Last edited by colinicky; 27-11-2018, 08:16 PM.
                              I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

Working...