Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Divey McDiveface Nickpicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dacorum
    Posts
    3,123
    Likes (Given)
    1993
    Likes (Received)
    1609

    Wanted: xDeep Weight Pockets

    I'm thinking of buying a pair of the xDeep weight pockets (the dumpable ones that go on the waist band and also screw to the backplate). Preferably size M, but S might also suit.

    Does anyone have a pair gathering dust?

    I'd also consider something similar (I think Tecline and Halcyon do similar things, but the xDeep looks nice and neat)
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

  2. #2
    Part time bubble-free.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    2,572
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    920
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a pair of the xDeep weight pockets (the dumpable ones that go on the waist band and also screw to the backplate). Preferably size M, but S might also suit.

    Does anyone have a pair gathering dust?

    I'd also consider something similar (I think Tecline and Halcyon do similar things, but the xDeep looks nice and neat)
    Don't have any spare I'm afraid but just be aware that the XDeep ones have a bit of a flaw (at least the ones I've come across did). If you get the larger sized ones but don't use much weight with them, the pockets fall out, dangling by their clips and being a PITA to put back. This irritated a few users I know enough that they ended up buying the Halcyon ones instead (which are very good albeit slightly unusual). They (the Xdeep ones) are fine if the weight pockets are pretty full though they are a bit floppy, as they're only thick fabric and not really stiffened that much.

    Anyway, I'll ask about to see if anyone still has a pair they're selling.

  3. #3
    Cheeky Monkey... Paul Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Three Bridges
    Posts
    2,068
    Likes (Given)
    3233
    Likes (Received)
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Don't have any spare I'm afraid but just be aware that the XDeep ones have a bit of a flaw (at least the ones I've come across did). If you get the larger sized ones but don't use much weight with them, the pockets fall out, dangling by their clips and being a PITA to put back. This irritated a few users I know enough that they ended up buying the Halcyon ones instead (which are very good albeit slightly unusual). They (the Xdeep ones) are fine if the weight pockets are pretty full though they are a bit floppy, as they're only thick fabric and not really stiffened that much.

    Anyway, I'll ask about to see if anyone still has a pair they're selling.
    I have the smaller size, I've seen What John has described above first hand, was a bit of a giggle

    The smaller size can carry more than advertised anyway!!
    Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

    Denis Waitley

  4. #4
    Divey McDiveface Nickpicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dacorum
    Posts
    3,123
    Likes (Given)
    1993
    Likes (Received)
    1609
    That's interesting to hear, thanks. I only want to put about 1.5kg in each side, so it looks like the Small ones would be better for me. I'd assumed they were velcroed as well as clipped.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

  5. #5
    Part time bubble-free.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    2,572
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    920
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    That's interesting to hear, thanks. I only want to put about 1.5kg in each side, so it looks like the Small ones would be better for me. I'd assumed they were velcroed as well as clipped.
    Just clipped.
    They're also quite long pockets, so make sure you have enough waistband for them. MrsT couldn't fit them and the buckle of her wing, so had to go Halcyon (which mount the weights vertically, so are much shorter).

  6. #6
    Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Penwortham
    Posts
    1,533
    Likes (Given)
    1576
    Likes (Received)
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Don't have any spare I'm afraid but just be aware that the XDeep ones have a bit of a flaw (at least the ones I've come across did). If you get the larger sized ones but don't use much weight with them, the pockets fall out, dangling by their clips and being a PITA to put back. This irritated a few users I know enough that they ended up buying the Halcyon ones instead (which are very good albeit slightly unusual). They (the Xdeep ones) are fine if the weight pockets are pretty full though they are a bit floppy, as they're only thick fabric and not really stiffened that much.

    Anyway, I'll ask about to see if anyone still has a pair they're selling.
    I have some and have encountered this issue too.
    I did talk to Brett Thorpe about it - he's the XDeep distributor - and he was going to relay back my concerns.

    I made a video to illustrate the difference between the XDeep pocket and the Aqualung Surelock used on the ProQD which are much better.


  7. #7
    Divey McDiveface Nickpicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dacorum
    Posts
    3,123
    Likes (Given)
    1993
    Likes (Received)
    1609
    Thanks for the comments, and the video!

    I might have to have more of a think about the Halcyon system then.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

  8. #8
    Cheeky Monkey... Paul Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Three Bridges
    Posts
    2,068
    Likes (Given)
    3233
    Likes (Received)
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Thanks for the comments, and the video!

    I might have to have more of a think about the Halcyon system then.
    You can try mine? No probs with the small with a few Kilos?
    PM me and i,ll send them?
    Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

    Denis Waitley

  9. #9
    Red Hot Totty ;) Hot Totty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland ;)
    Posts
    3,862
    Likes (Given)
    1645
    Likes (Received)
    1633
    Other than the zip rotting (the bit you pull) not experienced any problems, carrying anything from 1kg to 4kg per pocket depending on config
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •