Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanted: xDeep Weight Pockets

I'm thinking of buying a pair of the xDeep weight pockets (the dumpable ones that go on the waist band and also screw to the backplate). Preferably size M, but S might also suit.

Does anyone have a pair gathering dust?

I'd also consider something similar (I think Tecline and Halcyon do similar things, but the xDeep looks nice and neat)
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a pair of the xDeep weight pockets (the dumpable ones that go on the waist band and also screw to the backplate). Preferably size M, but S might also suit.

Does anyone have a pair gathering dust?

I'd also consider something similar (I think Tecline and Halcyon do similar things, but the xDeep looks nice and neat)
    Don't have any spare I'm afraid but just be aware that the XDeep ones have a bit of a flaw (at least the ones I've come across did). If you get the larger sized ones but don't use much weight with them, the pockets fall out, dangling by their clips and being a PITA to put back. This irritated a few users I know enough that they ended up buying the Halcyon ones instead (which are very good albeit slightly unusual). They (the Xdeep ones) are fine if the weight pockets are pretty full though they are a bit floppy, as they're only thick fabric and not really stiffened that much.

Anyway, I'll ask about to see if anyone still has a pair they're selling.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Don't have any spare I'm afraid but just be aware that the XDeep ones have a bit of a flaw (at least the ones I've come across did). If you get the larger sized ones but don't use much weight with them, the pockets fall out, dangling by their clips and being a PITA to put back. This irritated a few users I know enough that they ended up buying the Halcyon ones instead (which are very good albeit slightly unusual). They (the Xdeep ones) are fine if the weight pockets are pretty full though they are a bit floppy, as they're only thick fabric and not really stiffened that much.

I have the smaller size, I've seen What John has described above first hand, was a bit of a giggle

The smaller size can carry more than advertised anyway!!
    Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's interesting to hear, thanks. I only want to put about 1.5kg in each side, so it looks like the Small ones would be better for me. I'd assumed they were velcroed as well as clipped.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Part time bubble-free.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    That's interesting to hear, thanks. I only want to put about 1.5kg in each side, so it looks like the Small ones would be better for me. I'd assumed they were velcroed as well as clipped.
    Just clipped.
    They're also quite long pockets, so make sure you have enough waistband for them. MrsT couldn't fit them and the buckle of her wing, so had to go Halcyon (which mount the weights vertically, so are much shorter).

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post

I have some and have encountered this issue too.
    I did talk to Brett Thorpe about it - he's the XDeep distributor - and he was going to relay back my concerns.

I made a video to illustrate the difference between the XDeep pocket and the Aqualung Surelock used on the ProQD which are much better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for the comments, and the video!

I might have to have more of a think about the Halcyon system then.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks for the comments, and the video!

I might have to have more of a think about the Halcyon system then.
    You can try mine? No probs with the small with a few Kilos?
    PM me and i,ll send them?
    Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Other than the zip rotting (the bit you pull) not experienced any problems, carrying anything from 1kg to 4kg per pocket depending on config
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad