Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    35
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    5

    McMurdo fast find plb and case

    Am trimming back some kit from my dive box and have a few things on eBay (sorry if this is bad form)

    McMurdo fast find locator beacon

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232992269579

    Custom Divers case for the beacon

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232992279277

    Please feel free to drop me a DM if you want to combine postage or similar, Based in Hokyeood Northern Ireland

  2. #2
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    cheltenham
    Posts
    1,437
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    130
    I use the McMurdo, great piece of kit and always some thing I carry with me when diving. Will you not use a beacon from now on?

  3. #3
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    35
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I use the McMurdo, great piece of kit and always some thing I carry with me when diving. Will you not use a beacon from now on?
    I used to do alot of dives 10+ miles off malinhead and the logistics meant that the ascent was essentially solo. But since kids came along it’s been mostly shore diving so I’m simplifying my kit as much as poss. It’s a very neat piece of kit but I don’t really need it, hopefully someone else can use it.

  4. #4
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    cheltenham
    Posts
    1,437
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamM View Post
    I used to do alot of dives 10+ miles off malinhead and the logistics meant that the ascent was essentially solo. But since kids came along it’s been mostly shore diving so I’m simplifying my kit as much as poss. It’s a very neat piece of kit but I don’t really need it, hopefully someone else can use it.
    I agree, very neat piece of kit, fits easily into a bcd pocket and you would hardly know that it is there. I hope someone does buy it, if you ask me it sure could be a life safer and may help you be found far more quickly than without one! Im so happy that I have one.

  5. #5
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    351
    Likes (Given)
    116
    Likes (Received)
    64

    McMurdo fast find plb and case

    Slightly off topic but Iím a strong believer in the dive community learning from your mistakes. Mine was that I managed to flood two of these PLB canisters. I eventually worked it out with the help of my local dive shop that they seal best when the threads are left completely dry i.e. do not be tempted to grease the threads as the water will get in via the minuscule gap created by the lubricant. Since I left the threads on the canister free from any lubricant the canister has been water tight. So thereís my screw up !

  6. #6
    TDF Member Moleshome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    254
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    75
    Liam, what's the status of this at the moment? It looks like the PLB failed to meet reserve, got re-listed and has now vanished.

  7. #7
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    35
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    5
    Sorry meant to update this. It has now sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleshome View Post
    Liam, what's the status of this at the moment? It looks like the PLB failed to meet reserve, got re-listed and has now vanished.

  8. #8
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    cheltenham
    Posts
    1,437
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    130
    Can I ask how much you got for it incase I sell mine?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •