Banner Ad

Nauticam vacuum and leak - constant red LED (not battery)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • String
    Loathes Snorkels
    • Dec 2012

Nauticam vacuum and leak - constant red LED (not battery)

Looking for some possible advice.
    Ive got a fairly new (Feb 2018) housing with the fitted vacuum and leak detector. This worked perfectly for a few months but now i've got an issue.

Basically, when i turn on the housing i get a blue flashing LED then it goes to constant red and stays there.
    According to the manual this is low battery but ive now tried 4 x 2450 batteries with the same result so the chances of a bad batch are likely remote.
    If i fiddle with it enough (remove, reinsert battery, turn it on/off, push, squeeze etc) for a few minutes then usually i can get it to behave itself and it works, shows vacuum and stays working normally until i next turn it off.

Im confident there is no loss of vacuum or moisture (contacts are clean on the detector probe). The red comes in before even fitting the back.

Any idea what i can do to troubleshoot or attempt to fix this issue as obviously having a known vacuum and working leak detection would be nice.
    Random collection of average photos on Flickr
  • Stuart Keasley
    bottlefish
    • Dec 2012

Have you tried giving the battery contacts a good clean?
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Comment

• Tim Digger
      Prior Member
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Stuart Keasley
      Have you tried giving the battery contacts a good clean?
      Or is there an iffy connection from battery holder/contacts to the electronics including partial short circuit.
      Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
      Tim Digger

Comment

• Pete Bullen
        Dive tart, and 'tog
        • Dec 2012

Or ask Mr T
        Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
        Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
        http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Comment

• String
          Loathes Snorkels
          • Dec 2012

Im not seeing any obvious corrosion or bad contacts but it does work after fiddling. I guess the next step is to remove the detector from the bulkhead and check it properly.

Comment

• steelemonkey
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Is it not still under warranty?
            Paul.
            If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
            Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• String
              Loathes Snorkels
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
              Is it not still under warranty?
              It is but as the season has started so im on the boat every day its not really practical to take a trip off, book flights and get it to the nearest dealer to look at. (and for the same reason i cant just send it away for a few weeks)

Comment

Working...