Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    I had a Harpa when I went onto twins as I do a lot of RIB diving, I was then shown how to adjust my harness better and found that it was no longer needed. I now dive with a rebreather and have no trouble dekitting in the water. (as long as I remember to disconnect my suit inflate.)
    So has the Red Bare got a OPH on it? In fairness I am assuming dekitting would be a PITA in the water but i may be wrong........it has hapened

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sump UK stuff message the Facebook page or Andrew goring

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Make one side 40cm longer than the other and thread on a stainless buckle like this:
    https://www.dirdirect.com/DirZone-Ad...uckle-Set.html

The loop can be kept in check using a snoopy loop.

Works a treat when needing to get out of the kit in the water without dislocating one's shoulder. Especially if diving off a RIB / RHIB

Where'd The Bubbles Go ....? Capt Morgan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    So which break do you use Morgan?
    A side press clip from a Buddy Commando.

Gobbie squaddie, average diver timmyg's Avatar
    Barnstaple or Birmingham depending on the day of the week...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why?

Most of my diving is from a RHIB in a OPH. As GB said, if youíre correctly weighted so the wing isnít over inflated, & the harness is setup correctly you can get in & out all day.

TG

Sent from my iPhone using timmytalk
    My pages:
    l Website l Blog l YouTube l Vimeo l Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    Can't find any pics TBH, but seen plenty in action

These are the old Buddy clips, been around for yonks

That's what I use. I have a break in the harness which curiously has failed to kill me in years. Unclip it first, then undo your waistband and the kit just comes off. Undo the waistband first and it all floats up around your head and it's a pain in rhe arse to get out of.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I am seriously considering adding the above to my OPH on the KISS, I believe I am missing out on the option to dive from a RHIB without a break and had been giving it some thought because there is inevitably more clutter on an RB and a break would have definitely made my life easier on a few occasions.

So just wondering what breaks people have used, WFO has suggested an option from Sump UK, I have had a look at their FB page are orders just placed through that page?

Any others worth a look?
    See other posts regarding the OPH setup first.
    However, if you must include a break or extension, I created an extension loop using Kent Tooling double webbing thickness triglides and an APD bog-standard pinchclip (fastex buckle). I've been using it for years now on my OC rig (for various reasons) without any problems. I'd send you a photo but I have never ever managed to get one posted on here.
    Meanwhile, see other posts regarding the setup of the OPH. If it is hard to get in and out of in OW to get onto a rib, it is setup wrong or you have left your drysuit connected. Adding a break or a loop will fix that but introduce new things for you to deal with. Getting the adjustment right will simply fix it with no new issues.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have set it up recently with Ian France during a twinset refresher as a prelude to overhead training next year so think it's pretty well adjusted.

I will have a flounder about in a quarry before I buy anything and see what happens.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have set it up recently with Ian France during a twinset refresher as a prelude to overhead training next year so think it's pretty well adjusted.

I will have a flounder about in a quarry before I buy anything and see what happens.
    Good plan!

Failing that, to make an extension loop, you need 0.5m or so minimum extra webbing. Set it up as normal right down to the shoulder d-ring on one side (the other side can be normal) then thread as follows: down straight through the double triglide, through socket end of clip (if using a pinch clip), back up through the double triglide (underneath the previous webbing). Then fold a loop as large as you need then up through the second double triglide, up through the plug end of the pinchclip, back down through the 2nd double triglide (on top of the previous webbing) then onto your waist band as usual. Squish the loop flat. Size the entire affair so that the pinch clip is lying flat against your body and the entire thing is as long with the pinch clip closed as the other (normally configured) shoulder strap would be. When you open the pinch clip, you get the extra loop length and thus a very loose shoulder strap. The entire thing will take a whilst to settle and bed in, so be prepared to adjust it regularly until it does.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just wondering whats the issue with adding a break into the harness?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast